Reviews for "A.R.B.F."

Clever and creative.

While it doesn't extend much beyond "Chase this guy and shoot him," there's a certain charm and quirk to this game I really like. I guess one of the reasons being because your motivations of fighting the boss, and your weapon along with his, all being randomized at the start, making for some rather hilarious scenarios that I can think up in my head as to what was going on. It plays around with your imagination, and I really enjoy that. The combat's nothing to write home about, but good for what it is; you fight the boss as he flees, rebounding shots and rescuing whatever random creatures are in the cages, until you reach the end and defeat him. For a late Ludum Dare entry, I really enjoyed it. You did good, and should feel proud about what you made. Until then, are you missing your CHOCOLATE HELICOPTER BLADES!?!

Zanzlanz responds:

Woa! Thanks for your nicely-worded review!

As you seem to have noticed, I am trying to get the most replayability I can out of one level. Since the original idea was focused entirely on the weapons, I figured it wouldn't be much of a problem. I guess from a purely-gaming standpoint, it can get boring quickly, but I like to think there's more to it than that.

It's awesome that you were using your imagination to come up with back-stories! I hope a lot of other people do that too! That was my hope!

Thanks so much again, and YES, I WILL GET THEM BACK WITH MY SALTED FLUTE LAUNCHER! Hahaha!

This was an awesome game! Loved all the random guns and stolen items you get back.

Thanks Matt!! I believe everyone needs a bit of nonsense in their lives ;D

I really like the music, but the game is just too short, even if the medals are kind of nice. It is 4 star as a LD game tho.

Thanks for the honest review! Music only took 40 minutes to make XD

At least I have an awesome platforming engine to work with for the future :)