Reviews for "Cube Escape: The Lake"

The game was okay. A little nonsensical. Also kind of rude to force a link on the player. However, one thing I figured out after quite a bit of research is the first box puzzle. Since very few people seem to understand it, I'll explain. Change the spaces to 4 different symbols to help you understand. Then look at the nonsense symbols and image a vertical (up and down) line going straight through the center of each one. Look to the left of that line and focus only on the part of the symbol on that side from here on. You should be able to see a number in each symbol. This is where the "mirror" part of the puzzle ceases to be useful now that you know which symbols mean which numbers (between 1 and 9). Look at the first line of the clue and imagine it without the mirror image side. Now it's just a simple multiplication problem that will show you the answer to the box.

some sound effects were too loud.

at one point you had a corpse scream. during the yawn this elicited i reflected on how sound is misused by amateurs trying to elicit responses that they failed to do so in a genuine fashion.

but then... oh yes there was more. then you forced us to know something from another game to solve a puzzle. i spent 15 minutes trying to figure it out and finally had to look up wtf was going on. i found out you made it so only someone who had played this other game would be able to solve it.

at this point you lost more than my interest.

Great game, to be honest. Worth 4 stars, maybe even 5. But forcing me to go play another game to be able to finish this one? No. Just NO.

RustyLake responds:

Thanks for playing..The code from Seasons provides an alternative end. You can complete the game without it. The lake is a teaser for Seasons and our upcoming games.

This game is awful. It's not a fun puzzle game, it's a game that requires a walkthrough because none of the puzzles make sense. They're just puzzles that the creator sees as unique and intelligent. They aren't. They're frustrating and solvable only to them.

This "game" won't load outside you own site, making this nothing more than a browser hijack. You get a 0 for that.