Reviews for "Cube Escape: The Lake"

Call me a coward, but I couldn't finish the game. Hear me out. *Contains minor spoilers*

The good:
- I didn't expect to like the premise - I *suck* at 'Escape The Room' kind of games, and this seemed like another 'find unrelated objects and combine them to make a key!' stories. It still was one of those games, but a lot less mindfuckery when combining items.
- Thumbs up for the graphics! Minimalist design but not detrimentally so. The transitions between frames was elegant and weren't as jarring as many other games of this type.

The (subjectively) bad:
- Holy mother, jump-scares galore. Maybe I'm just nervy today, but the ambient music lulled me into ignoring the horror-genre static-y graphics - until when there actually was a shocking noise (a loud crack) or an unexpected... thing at the end of my fishing line (goddammit), which I tried to cut (JESUS H. CHRIST), because what else would you normally do?

So, um, I bailed. I can't comment on the story because I don't like screaming corpses on the end of my fishing line and quit swiftly after.

OK now, what's the logic with this stupid mirror box?

Nicely done, even if the fishing rod is overused.

Overall, very good. The atmosphere is a bit out of place, but it doesn't drag the game down for me. The only part that I found difficult was the chest that you had to open by guessing the correct symbol order: There really wasn't any sort of build-up or even a hint that implied that I would have to do that. Not to mention that there aren't any sort of clues that hint towards the correct symbol order; the player is just kinda left to guess the order on their own.

But, again, overall it's a very good game. I would definitely like to see more of this series.

This game is perfect for relaxation! its calm! its nice and pelasent! its... OH SHIT A DEAD BODY!!????