Reviews for "TheLighter"

Interesting concept to be sure! Still, it needs to be fleshed out quite a bit more too.

The most frustrating bit was with the boss since he followed you at a faster pace than the ghosts and there wasn't really any clear enough way to tell when was the right time/distance to toss out one of your lovely boom-sticks. I ended up using all the sticks I got to beat him since at least half simply didn't hit him.

Also, I would have liked to see the lighter be used for something other than a glorified flamethrower, which is basically all it was used for in this case (aside from lighting the TNT of course). You could have used it at least once to open (or rather burn down) a door/obstacle or drop something on a baddie, just to give it a little more purpose within the game.

Overall though, I think this would make for a very interesting puzzle/fps fusion, and would love to see you develop it further. :)

HawkSandwich responds:

Yeah. After making the game and seeing another game use tnt, I realize now that I should have made them explode when they hit something instead of time-based. I wish I would have made that different. As for the lighter, I was actually going to do something with burning things down, but I decided not to for whatever reason :/ Again, that's something I kinda regret. Thanks for your review ^^

Quake-esk.. kinda like it..:)
took way more tnt to kill the boss then I thought though...

HawkSandwich responds:

Yeah, after someone suggested it's kind of like BLOOD, I watched game play of it and it uses TNT in a way I wish I would have thought of. The TNT explodes on collision, and I think that would have been a better way of doing it.

Good, but the step sounds were WAY annoying.

HawkSandwich responds:

Yeah, I agree. And I apologize for that. I should have spent time making a good one. Thanks for the good rating anyway :3

nice change of past, a bit short otherwise quite fun and entertaining :D

Aha thanks :3

Cool game! The walking sound was annoying and it was very difficult to pick up the tnt (you have to walk exactly on top of it). I blasted the boss robot with a lot of tnt but he didn't die and then he killed me.

HawkSandwich responds:

Yeah I should have lowered the step volume and/or got a new sound entirely. With the boss being so hard, I'm still trying to learn how hard to make something. If you're not a game designer, it can be somewhat hard to see why, but the things you make are super easy to you, but to others you're not sure if they're going to be super easy or just the opposite. Thanks for playing, though, and thanks for your three stars ^^