Reviews for "TheLighter"

This was great! I know it was just a Ludum Dare project but I'd love to see legitimate game as a sequel- there's so much promise.

HawkSandwich responds:

I'm kind of doing that...? I'm making a first person tower defense game with this art style and probably TNT as well XD Thanks for the five star rating ^^ Glad you enjoyed

So retro, so enjoyable. The lenght of the game is about perfect for some mindless waste of time ;). I wasted all my TNT on the final boss an hit him with like 5 or 6. With no other way to farm him I went full Rambo and set it on flame. It's definitely possible to defeat him.

HawkSandwich responds:

Thanks for your review and your high rating ^^ I'm glad you enjoyed the game. I'm also a huge fan of these retro art styles :3

Quake-esk.. kinda like it..:)
took way more tnt to kill the boss then I thought though...

HawkSandwich responds:

Yeah, after someone suggested it's kind of like BLOOD, I watched game play of it and it uses TNT in a way I wish I would have thought of. The TNT explodes on collision, and I think that would have been a better way of doing it.

Okay, I killed all the ghosts...now there are three ways to go: One door which "requires a keycard", and two passages blocked off by large cylinders...which cannot be burned, blown up, activated or interacted with in any way.

HawkSandwich responds:

Check around a bit, there's a whole other path which leads to more ghosts, a room of tnt, and a keycard for the large blue door.

Interesting concept to be sure! Still, it needs to be fleshed out quite a bit more too.

The most frustrating bit was with the boss since he followed you at a faster pace than the ghosts and there wasn't really any clear enough way to tell when was the right time/distance to toss out one of your lovely boom-sticks. I ended up using all the sticks I got to beat him since at least half simply didn't hit him.

Also, I would have liked to see the lighter be used for something other than a glorified flamethrower, which is basically all it was used for in this case (aside from lighting the TNT of course). You could have used it at least once to open (or rather burn down) a door/obstacle or drop something on a baddie, just to give it a little more purpose within the game.

Overall though, I think this would make for a very interesting puzzle/fps fusion, and would love to see you develop it further. :)

HawkSandwich responds:

Yeah. After making the game and seeing another game use tnt, I realize now that I should have made them explode when they hit something instead of time-based. I wish I would have made that different. As for the lighter, I was actually going to do something with burning things down, but I decided not to for whatever reason :/ Again, that's something I kinda regret. Thanks for your review ^^