Reviews for "Kill the Plumber"

In terms of the concept, I think this was very innovative and I personally enjoyed being able to play the enemies of the plumber and kill him. As this is much like Mario, it was nice to finally give the little plumber a taste of his own medicine from the villain side. That, the jovial soundtrack, and the lovely look of the levels was what gave you four stars.

What took away from five was the absolute tediousness of the levels as a whole. Most of the levels were okay or just difficult enough to be entertaining, but some took it to a new level and made it EXTREMELY hard to progress, enough to make me wanna rage quit. By the time I got to the lost levels, I honestly stopped playing because they were optional and much harder than the level as a whole.

I've seen this a lot of times, and I think this is some good advice: It's great to make the game hard and make players work for it, but to many people there's a limit. Once the limit is reached, nobody will desire to play it anymore and you'll lose some of your fanbase. I've seen this happen with a lot of games (Although I'm usually the one that keeps trudging on), where the puzzles/levels are just impossibly hard and people eventually quit out of frustration. Maybe that's just me.

Anyhow, I'm going to be checking out your sequel now with hopes high that it will be an improvement so I can give you the five stars I feel you deserve.

i hate the ghost because he dissapear auto and i can't defeat the level 24

Very innovative idea, cute graphics, clever plot that Mario was Peach's stalker. Unfortunately it can't seem to keep me entertained. I can't put my finger on it why, and I feel bad for saying this when I don't even know the reason why, but it just didn't feel engaging to me. I think maybe my expectations were let down. I think I was expecting more of the classic Mario, running along the level, and instead you switched roles with different enemies to kill him. I know that would have been pretty hard to develop, but it's just what I originally had in my head. Instead what I got was even more linear in the form of short levels that could only be completed in one way.

But besides that, an element that really took away from the fun (for me) was how tedious some of the levels were. World 2 was hardly any fun for me. Playing the Bullette and King Bowler were fun, but Casper was extremely tedious and frustrating. On his levels, you were so pressed for time and if you didn't get to point B fast enough, you were done. Every second counted. It was enough to make me honestly want to quit the game, but I did finish it until the end. Level 26 in fact was glitched. The only way I could win it was looking up a walk through (same with the next level too). Well the only way to win level 26 is if Pump stays down, keeping Mario where he's at until you can catch up. For whatever wild reason, Pump only stays down if you float against the ground. He will NOT stay down if you are floating up in the air, which is what I kept doing. It's such a small glitch, but it completely ruins the level.

I realize that you just came out with Kill the Plumber 2, and I'm sure you've added things and fixed mechanics and maybe that game will feel less tedious than this one does, but I just thought I'd let you know my thoughts on this game. I played it first just so I could enjoy it, before moving onto a possibly better sequel.

A fantastic, easy to pick up, highly addictive and fun little puzzle platformer in the same vein as Braid… Only this time it's far more amusing as you finally get to take the koopas & Goombas side against a certain genocidal dodgy Italian plumber! :-)

Really nice game with a good difficulty !