Reviews for "ascend"

atmosphere is damn good but man jumping is soooo clunky it makes the game unenjoyable

it is a good game, it was fun and challenging, but u should put something that tells you if you have completed all of it, because i got the bad ending then the good without dying and 5 lifes, and with that i thought if you completed it with 1,2,3,4,or 5 lifes you get different endings, but there were no change, and now i noticed, that you can get more than 5 if you go left then get down and go right, but i have not been able to finish without loosing one.
the thing is, if i get all of them after some time and effort and i get nothing in return, not even a slight different ending, i will be incredible disapointed. so I think something that tells you that u got all of the endings would be good, at least I wont be expecting something after all my effort.
appart from this I think it is a deep good game

geart dark platformer

When one states "use arrow keys to move." I expect each key to take me in said direction, not only the left and right arrow keys. Not to mention the useless up key. (shouldn't that have been the jump button and not "X"?) I get this was probably done for those who actually thought to use a controller, but still kind of silly.
<b><u>Pro Tip: </u></b> <i>Holding down allows you to sprint.</i> (...you thought you were running before? Ha-Ha, Nope!!!)
For the lack of manual-ing half a star.
Other than that I'd recommend toning down the damage recoil, 1st run through I kept getting hit by spike falls to just end up falling in more spikes...
That or making the recoil recovery last a tad bit longer, after falling in average spike pit I died without being able to jump out quickly enough...
Graphics and such were beautiful, had little difficultly seeing some platforms (due to my impatience)

~Looking forward to your next work

Great platforming and level design. The music, bits of singing, and occasional exposition its really do wonders to contribute to the spooky atmosphere. I loved the flower mechanics to life, you could go out of your way to get them to see mor eand more color come back to the character, but if you did then you typically had to go back over dangerous areas, wher eyou might lose the life you got. It was clever.

I liked the two endings as well, it took me several tries to get the second, which made it satisfying when I finally did.

If I had to nitpick anything, it'd be the background and designs on the block. Once you get to the end, it really just doesn't look like they fit. Also, I would have liked to see more of the narrative to describe how the girl got to where she was. BUt these are just minor points, it's a really fun game overall.