Reviews for "REGEN"

Good, but incredibly frustrating (although hard hop'n'bops/platformers are totally my kind of game). Excellent music and graphics.

FtFxe responds:

So much thanks, I love hard platformers!

I have to compliment the platforming itself, I felt almost completely in control of the character in terms of jump height and distance. That said, i see little point in choosing paths if the rooms will be randomized regardless, entering into other rooms often leads to unavoidable damage, and without any sense of progression (aside from upgrades, which are horribly overpriced and very boring), I really don't feel any reason to push forward and complete the game.

I see that this game is a strong technical and design achievement. I hope that you will use your engine and experience for much greater things in the future.

When I first found out about this game, I wasn't sure whether to review it or not but now that I've finally gotten my chance, all i can say is, This game is actually pretty decent. Some might say it's a loop with the music, but it doesn't mean the music isn't bad. I actually loved the music a lot and it kind of made the game somewhat suspenseful with the fear that you are not going to cross the level in time, though the music is great, and i strongly like the 100 levels mechanic, the platforming it's self is pretty slow, maybe that's just me but it kind of felt slow and it took away from the experience, and for a game with such simple idea, it has some good pixel art here and there.

Overall This game may not be the best game I've ever played, but it surely is a nice distraction when you are bored and/ or are in the gaming mood. And I will say it isn't not harmful. I give this game a 4/5

agree

The game itself is pretty good. It's not extremely nifty or especially well done, but it's good.
The music, however, wasn't much to my liking, and the sound effects lagged a bit behind (coin sounds especially had a lot of latency). Also, I came across a bug where I couldn't upgrade anything except for "Time", no matter what I pressed, time would upgrade.

FtFxe responds:

Thanks, I'm going to fix that bug someday