Reviews for "Flat Golf"

I like the idea for this game, yet the physics don't feel very realistic at all. The ball doesn't roll far even on flat surfaces, it doesn't bounce that well off walls (so you can't use them to your advantage), if you bounce against the wall and it bounces down on the ground, it rolls backwards, etc. Also didn't like that choppy scrolling preview of longer levels, but then I found the option screen and realized that could be turned off, fortunately.

The level layouts, the types of ground, etc, all of that is great, I just wish the physics were a bit more dynamic, more bounce, longer rolls (seems possible for the ball to stop even on rounded edges btw, if you time it right), more possibility to interact with all facets of the level, bounce it off edges; walls; bounce across water, etcetc. Love the idea and level design overall, so if there's any chance for a sequel/improvement, I'll be awaiting it eagerly! Also, would be nice with faster transitions between menu items, and a camera that follows the action (ex lets you hit the ball higher instead of going out of bounds, and zooms out to capture the entire level as you do). Keep up the great work!

-cd-

kasehaussoftware responds:

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are a very small development team and we're all still learning and trying to improve our games. Feedback like this is very valuable and important to us and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to give such in-depth and detailed feedback.
I think we could address many of the things you brought up in a future update. We would like to have you help us beta test a new version. If you are interested, just PM me.

No explanation of controls no navigation or navigation is difficult to find

kasehaussoftware responds:

Apologies that you have found the controls / interface difficult to use. We put a "help" page right off the main menu that explains the controls and fundamentals of the game. If you feel this is not helpful or not easy to understand, we would be very open to your input as to how we can make this more clear or helpful.