I really like the idea of many lives and that there's no language involved, making the game international.
But... I give up! ><
I found myself restarting so many times. At some point things just become so confusing: my char disappears (is there a max number of chars?), I got stuck.. eg: if I stand on the boat waiting for my old self to row.
I think some ameliorations would help:
- Undo last life button ( I 1st thought R (restart) would do this)
- Ability to go back (eg: on the diving board, you can't go back to get the oar if you forgot it)
- Add a visual difference between old selves and the new one (idk.. the older, the less color?)
- Put the active char on the top layer so we don't need to wait till all the old selves have moved.
- Put inventory object in a square so they're easier to pick (somehow the bucket was hardest to pick up)
and there's some illogic stuff:
Why do we need to go pick up all the objects when it wasn't necessary for the gun? To avoid confusion, might as well put the gun in the inventory to start with.
4/5 because I like the idea, and ideas are a lot hardest to come by. GL! ;)
@Geminate: managed to get over that one! The cloud gives a new oar each time you click on it, so just leave many oars? :)