Attention! We're rallying new Supporters to help us keep ads off Newgrounds!

Please consider becoming a Supporter today!

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Antumbra"

the game is great but it crashed tons of times, i didn't understand why.

Vilehead responds:

Game is made in HTML5. It is advised to play it in Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox. As those 3 browsers has HTML5 supported. Moreover - Older OS's does not support HTML5. Vista and anything higher should be okey. Can you send me a PM about those crashes? Because "crashes" per se are technically impossible with HMTL5. You either can run it or cannot. Nothing in between.
Please send me PM with the crashes and description. I would be very greatful if you would manage to attach some screenshots too. Whatever is doing those crashes - i'll try to fix it ASAP.
Thank you very much for playing my game and giving it a chance :)

Really interesting visuals.
Relieved that the point-and-click zones are revealed when close.
The game is tricky, but I made progress after a few times experimenting.

I encountered a bug in the first room, though.
If you wait, leave the room, and die (don't lock doors, for example) the game doesn't reset the the number of times you waited when it restarts (clicking 'wait' after the restart acts as if it's the second time waiting). Repeating this process means if you wait on the second restart (the third time waiting) it kills you right away as if you had already waited twice.

Vilehead responds:

Thank you kindly Oxgrim! :D I am very happy you are having fun playing my game.
As for that bug - noted. I'll try to fix it right away! Thank you again!!! This means world to me.

decent game, some problems though. several of the medals in game are unlocked, but they aren't being added to the trophies on this site, like false prophet, keen eye, prideless. if you want proof, I can say when you get the trophies.

Vilehead responds:

Nah i believe you Augumon :) In a bit i'll post an updated version of the game with proper Medal-Checker button which after being fixed should recheck you for medals, and reward you with the missing one. Sorry for the troubles :(

Pretty cool concept, nice game.

The game is kind of buggy though, it's even more frustrating when you reload it and click on the eye thing thinking that you can continue your progress, but end up getting stuck on the menu screen.

Good thing you have that big "Reset" in the menu.

Vilehead responds:

Thx Potato. And I must admit its driving me insane. Those bugs and what not. Because for majority the game works flawless. When for someone else its a hellride. That's mostly due to how different browsers are. Even two different revisions of the same Browser can break or fix something. For example: Antumbra actually runs fine in old Opera (+/-2months old), but totally doesn't load on the newest lol. The problem is lack of proper HTML5/WebGL support. They keep on adding new stuff, new social icons and what not. Keep making the browsers more fleshy and shiny and they ignore the optimization and bugfixing. And then people come to me, blaming the game for because their browser developers sucks.
Potato? Can you do me a favor? Could you please enlist all the bugs you've found and send a list to me? I cannot fix something that I am not aware of.

So, I made an account on here specifically to comment on this game.
This is one of the best point n' click style adventure games I have ever played. It's creepy, it's story might be a little confusing, but still interesting, and the little easter eggs make it so much better. And you made it so personal, which, in my opinion, are what a lot of indie games are missing. I can't wait for Antumbra 2!
P.S, congratulations on getting it greenlit on Steam.

Vilehead responds:

Thank you Kalei :) You know, from the perspective of passed time, I must say - I am unable to produce a quality product if I don't make it personal. Took me a while to figure out. Years.

You know, any artist wants to produce stuff like that. But he also has to eat, has bills to pay, family to feed. And you know how the world is. Mainstream banks. Unique - do not. Its far easier to spend couple of days and make another Idle Game, rather then pour your heart and soul into something for months. But the problem is - and this will be a confession - when this works on paper, it doesn't in field. At least - not for me.

For years I've been struggling to create a game. Something that would put money on the table. And this rush and pressure - was like a poison, it was killing me. I started something, then depression kicked in, I stopped, tried to make something else, failed again. Rise and repeat. Over and over. And suddenly - I discarded all that. I've opened my heart and made an interactive piece of art, out of what I've found inside my ribcage. And it worked. Jesus it worked. And I've learned my lesson and came out wiser.

After Antumbra popularity - now I know that the only games I should make, are the game I love making. Developed without dollar bill in mind. Because to my utmost, but pleasant surprise - the world is looking for passion. The world had enough. The people had enough. The plastic construct is breaking and crumbling apart. People don't want yet another 5 minutes of entertainment. No. They want something bigger. Something meaningful. Something that will leave a mark. Something that echoes inside them.

For the time being - Antumbra 2 cannot be made. For an update and explanation - check my News on my profile here, on NG, or go have a look at my Facebook page. I am making a new game. Something totally different. But made with the same love and care. A new beginning stands at the doorstep. I've finally managed to breach out of my cage. And I am not going back. I am here to stay.

Watch me bend and twist, as I start carving my name on top of the hill. Breaking my nails, crushing my fingers, bleeding and weeping - but refusing to stop. I, refuse to stop. As this is the dream, in which I chose to rise and fall. My morn and my dusk.