Reviews for "Antumbra"

Sweet game! i managed to beat it in 2 hours but had a lot of fun figuring the puzzles out. Wish there more more surreal games like these here. :P

DroneLocker responds:

Well follow my lead and you'll see more of such games hehe

really lovedthe game really interesting yet disturbing 10/10

DroneLocker responds:

Thank you Antonio :D I am looking forward for you playing more of my creations :D (When i'll finish them that is hehe)

One of the best horror games i ever played.On a side note it would be great if there was a walkthrough for achievements.

DroneLocker responds:

Medals Walkthorugh coming soon! :D I hope to upload it today, in couple of hours.
And thank you Gene! This really means a LOT to me. Now imagine that Antumbra is actually maybe 1/4 of what it supposed to be hehe. Sadly - I run out of time and couldn't include all the stuff I wanted. :(
Maybe Antumbra 2 will fill this void. If I'll get enough support that is.
This way or another - Hugs and thank you again! :D

So... This game was epic! It took me FOREVER to puzzle everything out... But I did it! And I didn't even Resort to using a guide!!! Seriously though... This game was hard. Anywho I wanted to beat this game to it's fullest but I can't seem to find a few of the achievements. Now IDK if this is because I'm glitching but here are the one's I'm missing.

Dweller, Headstrong, Death Addict, Astal Master, and Resident. If someone could please point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

DroneLocker responds:

Dweller and Resident - are time based.
Death Addict - death count based.
Astral Master - hits in when all other medals had been unlocked.

And thank you kindly Suject :) I've promised a proper medal guide a week ago but I just couldn't find the time to record it :( So many things are happening...
E.g Antumbra 1: Lost Memories. Basically its A1 on steroids. For DESKTOPS and in fullscreen! :D
I'll try to keep it freeware. But many platforms such as "Steam" does not let the games to be freeware. So I'll be placing the minimal possible price for the Deluxe version. Just so Valve will buzz off and let you guys download and play :P Sounds good? :D

As someone who grew up on the bullshit adventure game, I can say this definitely fits the classification, though that's not a bad thing. My only real gripe is the lack of saving and loading, though the short length helps counter that, and it's not nearly as lethal or punishing for missing early things as Sierra games. While the story didn't really make much sense, the important thing is that it felt like it eventually would, and it kept me wondering what would be around the next corner, giving a sense of adventure in a strange land that's some sort of Alice-In-Wonderland-style place turned into Hell with an extra helping of surrealism and some theology stuff that's reminding me of something I can't quite put my finger on. If nothing else, I want a sequel so I can try to understand this. The semi-foggy art helps give off an unsure feeling, and the Middens-esque characters really help the atmosphere. While really I should be giving this a 4 or a 4.5 due to the lack of meat on it's bones, I feel like this deserves a five, for it's wonderful uniqueness alone.

DroneLocker responds:

Ohhh I love Alice. I believe, that each one of us has its own "Wonderland". Its just that, my "wonderland" has a very unique definition of "wonders" haha.
Thank you my friend! Thank you very much!