Reviews for "Antumbra"

So weird and awesome!! Also, really liked the asdfmovie reference lol

DroneLocker responds:

Hah! I am a huge fan of ASDF movies. Glad to hear someone got it :)

Why couldnt i enter Grandma's house before?Everytime i tried i would fall on Pride again!And,today, it kinda happend out of curiosity.
Mister Locker,let me tell ya,grotesque imagery hardly will scare me,especially considering that my ayesight is hella awfull(and that i am quite the fear addict,so i'm used to it),however,i have very sharp ears.So,the sounds of this game scared the shit out of me.Interesting.The other game creators should work more on sound too.

DroneLocker responds:

I don't want to spoil it but the current position of the Eye-Shadow, in front of the house might have something to do with it ;)
And thank you :) Audio related complements are specially dear to me. Because I am originaly an a sound/music composer. So I pay extra attention to sound design. Glad to hear it pays back =)

Check my newest video. Antumbra might be coming back after all. Just... a bit changed, and in a different form :) Your ears will be delighted...

Is this game supposed to know my name is John, or is it a coincidence, anyhow, it made me shit my pants, I really like it, good job!

DroneLocker responds:

Hah! Gotcha! :D I actually went throught US most ppular names in past two decades and dropped them the most common one into the game, hoping it might guess someone's name and creep the fuck out of him XD

Dronlocker, do you actually have cancer?

DroneLocker responds:

I had. Around 6+ years ago. Testacle cancer. So a protip to all guys out there - keep touching your balls lol. Thats what saved me. Quick detection. Cancer can be beaten - as long as its being diagnosed very soon. Of course - you won't avoid the the surgery and the chemo-therapy hehe. Which in many cases is worse then the cancer itself.

To Dronlocker:

Overall, I enjoyed this game, both in terms of its thriller mood and game mechanisms. I liked how you had to use your sensory skills (ex: sight, hearing) and incorporate it into the environment. I think the mechanism for solving the door and Hebur. At the same time, I felt that many of the seemingly important choices later turned outto be complete red herrings, which was a bit disappointing because the overall game took around 30 minutes to finish (excluding the time i spent farming maggots for clues).

Nevertheless, it was a good solid game, and I eagerly await your next work.

BUT I MUST KNOW THIS: HOW DO KILL THE DUNGEON MONSTER (IN THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME?

I KNOW that's a medal, but you haven't posted a walkthrough, and no one seems to have gotten it done.

Please, for the love of god, just tell me. Everyone else wants to know as well.

Thank you Coke for this lovely review! :D
As for the dungeon monster... Well, lets be honest here - Antumbra 2 will not happen any time soon. So I can just tell some secrets here and now and no harm will be done.

Remember the right path with your "Son"? The monster IS the Son. Its a paradox that I hinted but never implemented. The monster tries to kill you. Because you left him. Because you did not saved him... And there's your son who is being turned into a monster in front of your very eyes. But the cycle could been broken. If you would manage to save your Son - the monster in the dungeons would stop appearing (because then your son would never get turned into the monster and so on).

IF you would do that - suddenly you would be able to explore the 3rd great path - the dungeons behind the monster. That would lead you to the very ending and actually that path had some functional combat (yup, you've read that right - combat) for all those people who prefer more action based solutions rather then riddles.

Of course - it was never implemented. I wanted to include all that in the sequel but the project fall on its face and then my PC pretty much blew up and more shit happen and one of my teeth fell off and... Well yeah. It failed. I failed. I've still haven't recovered after all this mess.

As for medals - no medal is linked to dungeon monster and killing it.

Ahh... If you could only know what sort of wonders I had in my sleeves... Antumbra 2 would redefine and revolutionize point'n'click adventures. But oh well. Life.

Thank you again mate :) for everything