Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Antumbra"

Wait.... How does my name keep changing every death?

Vilehead responds:

Lemme quote our good old, Grandma Toothfairy :)
"Me nombre berbunyi Legiyo. Mayroon es gibt noo mange.''

What brought me here was the surreal tag,and what kept me was the eerie atmosphere,i feel great and a bit lesss sane after beating it,still failed to get all of medals tho..I WANT MOAR

Vilehead responds:

Follow my lead and stay tuned =) Actually Antumbra 2 just got a chance to come to existance...

Can't even click past the eye on the first screen. But listen, that's not even the point here. I know the OP has played the penumbra series of games, and probably quake 2. So not only do I think there is nothing new or original going on here, but I think when you're so intensely reminded of another game (penumbra) before even clicking a link to see if your assumptions were well grounded in fact it's not a good thing to begin with.

I mean, it absolutely smacks of that series and you know it, 'antumbra'?. C'mon man, you can do better.

Vilehead responds:

Do you know what Umbra, Penumbra and Antumbra means?
Google it. And umm... Quake 2? O.o where this one came from? How can you compare a pure First Person Shooter to a story-driven Adventure game?
You did NOT even seen the game yet but you tell me "i can do better"?
Read your "review". Out loud. Listen to how it sounds.
Rubbish...

I usually really hate these jumpscares kind of games but this one had a certain charm, it made me want to keep playing while other horror games usually creep me out and force me to stop. I don't exactly know what you did to make this different from the rest but good job.

Vilehead responds:

Well, I enjoy thinking it was my "heart and soul" :)
And passion. Decade ago i've used to write poetry. I don't do that anymore. But i try to weave my creation with the same method. I just wait, and listen. And it comes to me, just like that. Then i just let my mind float and create without asking myself what the hell iam doing. Muse I suppose is the right word. I just let it flow through me. Like through siphon.
Thank you Radeketor :D Funny, because first 5 letters of your nickname (Radek) - is my real life name :)

It is a wonderful game. I don't feel like adding anything in the already long list of reviews except of my personal expirience. In the begining I was a little bored may I say because I felt like I was trapped in a labyrinth with several ways that led to nowhere. But by your description, the reviews and the amount of videos that were made for this game I convinced myself to try harder. An indeed I started slowly to understand some things and solve some riddles that gave me motivation to go further. I didn't manage to get all of the achievments but I'll be working with it from now on, now that I don't have to care about understanding nothing! :) It was very intresting to have in mind that what I was pleying is the reallity of an other person and to make scenarios of what will happen, for example if one of your kids play this game eventually, reallizing how it is to be in it's own fathers mind.. I don't know. I have to admit that I was not able to understand what is going on and some riddles I solve with plain observation..
The whole game was tied up very well about the sound, the graphics and everything (to not repeat the other reviewers)
I had also the same problem though with freezing but only when I opened it in an incognito tab..
Congrats again for your work at your strength (if you needed any) to be this sincere, as you describe, to the internet. I am trully lookinf forward for the sequel!

P.S. I also liked that the music and the game in general was stopping when I was at an other tab. I know that this is an easy thing to do but not everyone does it!

Vilehead responds:

Yeah. It is some sort of a "Memento". Thank you Egaron :) And... umm. A question.
What would you think if I would start an IndieGoGo campaign? For Antumbra 2.
Because, well - the sad reality is: If I won't get some extra funding - Antumbra 2 won't happened anytime soon. You know how it works. Bills, taxes, food, basic cost of life. In my current situation I cannot afford to work on a game for 3-4 months. And Antumbra 2, if I am about to make it THE RIGHT WAY, will take this amount of time. My initial plan was to just post more games from me, and if some money would stockpile - then to start working on Antumbra. But I don't know how long it would take. Months perhaps, a year? I don't know. So to speed up the process - I am thinking about crawdfunding. This way I would skip making other games and just focus on Antumbra 2, knowing I have the money to pay my bills and feed my family.
What do you think? I... Don't want to sound like some cheap-ass who's trying to milk his 5 minutes of fame. Antumbra and my success is some sort of miracle in my life. And I will never risk what I have right now, if there's a risk.