Reviews for "Antumbra"

Nothing but guess and check. That's the first sign of poor game development. The selections might as well be random symbols.

Vilehead responds:

Thank you for your review and playing my game for a whole 5 minutes!

Very impressive. Challenging and shows ways to think differently about how you play click adventure games. Audio cues, inapparent buttons, and various other secrets strewn about the game. I'll be honest, I'd not have figured out half of it without the walkthrough, but I did find a few things out that weren't shown in it, so I'm kind of happy with figuring those out. Anyway, this game absolutely intrigues me, rather pleased with playing it.

Vilehead responds:

That was my goal! :D Adventure games nowadays... Beside being almost extinct are very simplified. Its always a matter of finding the key and then the matching keyhole. The solution is always a matter time. And in many cases it breaks down to using anything on everything. Until it fits. That's not a way a puzzle games should be. Puzzles and riddles should be tricky, should require more of cunning rather then luck and endurance. And that's what I tried to bring on the table. In Antumbra (and soon Antumbra 2 :) ) you not only have to collect the keys and find the keyholes... But you have to figure out WHAT is the key and WHAT can be a keyhole. It forces the player to dive in, to play the game as it would be real life. You have to be yourself, not the player character. Because there is no player character. And once you let yourself think this way - you start noticing the solutions. And the world of Sorma'Ksul suddenly starts to be even more terrifying, twisted and disturbing. Because now its not you playing the game - it is the game playing you.
Thank you Aleei :) Thank you very kindly! :D

damn this is solid platinum man should become an game designer something or this is golden :)

Vilehead responds:

Hah ! It all started like that. But no one wanted to hire me. Everybody already got swarms of their own "Ideas Guys". But look at the bright side - I probably wouldn't make Antumbra :D

This is by far the best game on newgrounds in my opinion. Im praying that you create a second game after this, with even harder puzzles! The game took me back to my childhood and twisting it into this psychological horror memory!!!

Stop praying and throw some cash at me! XD Joking. Or em I...? :3
Thank you Guardian! :D As much as I value your words - I have to disagree about the "best game on newgrounds". There are far greater games then Antumbra. I still have lots to learn and practice (specially code optimization ^_^" ). But thank you nonetheless! And hi5 - it appears we share that bit of childhood :) I miss those games... BUT! I am willing to take them back! Blow the dust from their covers and make that forgotten vibe alive again! :D

Best..F*cking game ever. -WeedDochius 2015 A.D