Reviews for "Antumbra"

when you was a kid , you had a trauma , right ?

DroneLocker responds:

Yes, but lets put an "s" at the end of "trauma" and "lots of " before it.
Oh and lets not narrow the time range only to childhood.
Because they never left. Just changed.

Oh, wow. I don't even know what to say about this game.
So many paths to explore - practically a hierarchy every turn, like a Give Yourself Goosebumps book.
I've never seen a game that HORRIFIED me and yet INSPIRED me. It felt like I was really IN those places as I played, y'know?
And imagine my surprise when I saw a SEQUEL being planned.

BTW, I saw your walkthrough on YT (which I was way too dependent on to play) and I asked you a few too many questions.
All I wanna say about this... I apologise - I know I was rude, nosy and prying into your personal life. I suck as a person for doing that, and I'm very sorry.

DroneLocker responds:

Thank you kindly Karma :) Now imagine that what you see in Antumbra 1 is MAYBE 1/10 of what i wanted to add. Sadly, most of the things I had to cut out. Due to lack of time, money and... well. Depression. I just had enough.

I wanted for Antumbra 2 to be what Antumbra 1 was supposed to be. Bigger, brighter, more badass. But the IndieGoGo campaign is not doing all that well. And on Steam Greenlight... gezz. Greenlight is a mess. For every person who votes YES, there are 2 others who votes NO.

Oh and don't worry about the YouTube thing. I actually wanted to reply but I couldn't find time to do so. I don't have many secrets and I don't mind talking about myself. But the story of my life is quite... a difficult one. To the point where many people who heard it - have some serious troubles believing I did not made that up lol.
And don't worry - I am not that easy insulted or offended :) Write me a message and I'll try to answer all your questions.

nice game bro

WOAH WOAH WOAH! THE MONSTER IN THE BEGINNING PART SOMETIMES DOES THE SAME SCREAM YOUR SON DOES WHEN GOING RIGHT AFTER KILLING THE DUDE!

...Deep. So is that monster your son? D:

..>This game is fucking awesome by the way, can't wait for Antumbra 2

Soon.... very soon...

Nice game...but very hard:(.....i couldn't finish it without walkthrough....
Does the shadow thing with eyes is some kind of tribute to the Fullmetal Alchemist?...because it seemed familiar until i realized that there is a same kind of ....pride?.... on that anime:))

DroneLocker responds:

Well, I won't hide - I AM a anime/manga fanatic from over 20 years. But this exact part was my design. I had a childhood-monster like that. Shadow made out of eyes. He would stand in front of my bed every night. And stare at me. For a long time I was very scared of him. But one day another monster appeared. And the Eye-shadow started bashing and clawing the new guy. And damn how efficient he was. After a moment the new monster gave up and vanished. Then the Eyeshadow turned back to me and did wave to me with something I assumed was his hand. Then he disappeared. And I never seen his since.