Reviews for "Proximity: The Game"

Well done, but too hard...

TalkSickGames responds:

Thanks ! Yeah we kinda decided to take the challenging niche for this one.

Cool concept and game. Now I only need a friend to play ; ((

TalkSickGames responds:

Haha thanks DerApfelkuchen ! You can always try to master it alone :D !

I kinda agree with Cyberdevil for the below, the little green-orange-red lights as indicator is a bit small and not always visible. Also when walking on close paths, when they need to be put in diagonal to each other to keep the distance, I wasn't always sure if the orange light meant too close or too far.
But I really like the concept: 5/5 with a big part for the creative idea! :)

TalkSickGames responds:

We're working on it to make things more clear ! We appreciate all the feedback we can get :) thanks yound !

Very nice and menacing musical score! And sprite graphics. The way the levels start as bridges, and move onto a great ship/castle-like construct hovering in the sky... even though there's no story to explain it, the graphics and sound build up a pretty tense setting.

The dual-player approach was pretty interesting, and works both for 2p or single player if there's no one else around, though the mechanics could be better explained. The movement is explained from the start, but the beeping sound... I never really understand what's emitting it. First thought was the dead people were attacking somehoe, and there should be a way to fire back, but it seems like as long as you st5ray from the line of sight of... a droid? A sentry? A camera?.. it'll be OK. The lack of visible threat makes the menace all the more mysterious, but at the same time it's a bit annoying. I'd like to know what I'm fighting against, I'd like to see the enemy so I know what strategies I need to devise to get past it. Also, I seem to have found a bug where if you click outside the game area (such as: to type in this review), then return to the game, the characters are confined to the place they're standing. I can use arrow/WASD keys to trigger the walking animations in each direction, but they don't move from their spot. Overall, good game, but I feel it could reveal a bit more about the threat you're facing to motivate you more for the challenge of defeating it. Nice work!

-cd-

TalkSickGames responds:

Wow thanks a lot for the feedback, CD ! Your analysis really helps us out pinpointing flaws so we could fix them. Prox being our first game, lots of mistakes were made. Lack of play testing was one of them. Thanks for the bug report, we will be looking into it ASAP. Glad you liked it !

Excellent