Reviews for "Proximity: The Game"

Nice game. Tricky when playing alone, co-op's much more enjoyable, yes. There's only two tunes I noticed, but it's the soundtrack that I like the most.
Can I get it separately somewhere?

TalkSickGames responds:

Hey, sorry for the late response. I'll send you the soundtrack pretty soon. Thanks for the feedback!

its a awesome game,im playing this game whit mi brother is a great game....if you have a player 2 XD

TalkSickGames responds:

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed yourselves!

this game reminds me I have no friends 6/5

Seriously though, good gameplay, great climate, reminds me of Dungeon of the Endless and black omen from Chrono Trigger I'd like to see some story though.

TalkSickGames responds:

Thank you for the feedback!

Awesome idea. Played it solo and had a blast! 4/5

Glad you had fun!

Took an ungodly amount of time to load. This better be worth it. (Please note, I did this playtrough solo).

[Gameplay]

Took me some time to realize that I shouldn't be too close or too far away from the other character, even with the "tutorial" at the start.
I honestly liked how you used zooming in and out, and the colors green, yellow and red as warnings.
I found the controls amusing, as you constantly need to focus on each character and their path. The puzzles within the game were brilliantly placed, it actually made me think, as some of the popular games these games require no thinking and/or planning to complete the level. I especially liked playing this alone, due to the difficulty and multitasking.

[Graphics]

The graphics are 8-bit, and that's why I love them. From the way the characters walk, to the animation of the deaths, everything is well designed and thought through.

[Story]

As I progressed the game, I noticed there was no indication of there being a story, so I could only speculate. The story seems complexing, from my speculations.

[Sound]

From what I heard, there was just one loop of music in the background.
There was a sound which got on my nerves quickly, and that's the sound the characters make when they're too close to each other. I started worshiping it soon thanks to the fact that once I hear the sound I can just move my characters apart. From what I heard, it takes a total of five beeps for someone to shoot both your characters, thus resetting the level.
There were no walking/running sounds.

[Addictiveness]

I would play this game again, no doubt. I'd bring a friend as well. The difficulty is the reason, in my case.

[Difficulty]

As I've mentioned several times before, I adore the difficulty this game is on. It's not easy or medium when playing solo, it's hard. I have played this with a friend some time afterward, and it did get a little bit easier, but a lot more screaming was involved.
We loved it.

[Overall]

This game is worth the four stars. The gameplay, the graphics, the smoothness of the controls really made this experience enjoyable. I recommend this game to anyone who likes a good challenge, and to those who want an enjoyable co-op game.

Newgrounds scale: 4/5
Personal scale: 6.5/10

TalkSickGames responds:

Thank you for your analysis! It's very well structured. Happy you liked it both solo and co-op!