Reviews for "A Dragon Named Coal"

It's an amazing game :D but would you please considering added some text to clarify what the narrator is speaking? I couldn't understand some of the words the narrator speaks

CleverCrowGames responds:

In our latest build under development, you can toggle subtitles on and off. Here is a screenshot from our Twitter of what they look like https://twitter.com/Clever_Crow/status/577456975992070144/photo/1

how do u jump??

CleverCrowGames responds:

Spacebar should do the trick.

Really intriguing game that I would love to see complete.
About the demo it got a few little glitches that doesn't hinder the gameplay at all like the little girl walking on the rocks at the blood pool.
An explaining at the controls could be a good improvement and probably a way to use the items you collect :D

CleverCrowGames responds:

Yeah the AI overshoots where its supposed to walk on the occasion and bugs out. As its trying to detect distance to a specific walk point instead of checking to see if it passed the point. On the map of bug fixes for the future. Will probably get fixed on our next pass for fine-tuning AI NPCs. Btw getting companions to follow characters around was an insane amount of work. We totally underestimated that.

We've been talking about including consumables in the demo to heal due to popular demand. Can't say much right now, but we might have a surprise at some point in the future for our Kickstarter launch as a thanks for people's feedback. No promises right now though.

I got to the point were i had rescued the little girl and finally stopped to check out the inventory and other tabs. I was intrigued to see a skills tab but kind of sad to see it was a work in progress. This is a really interesting game so far and is something i would easily see myself helping Kick start, or even green lighting on Steam if you did decide to take that route. Congrats on an awesome game so far and i look forward to more future content!

CleverCrowGames responds:

Thanks so much Finalstrike. We're in the middle of doing a 3rd pass on skills since they weren't ready to roll with the demo. As we hate when RPGs grant skill unlocks that are essentially pointless. So hopefully a dev progress video will surface in the near future that shows some of the cool abilities we have in mind. Hoping to make the skilltrees work in metroidvania style manner so unlocking something allows you access to special areas you've already passed for some abilities.

We have Kickstarter plans, but probably no actual campaign till the summer. Greenlight will be in the very near future though. Stay tuned and thanks again for your support ^_^

Cool graphics, good sound, solid mechanics. But not being able to configure the keys AND not being able to jump with 'w' makes a little impractical. I assume a future version would be pretty good.

CleverCrowGames responds:

Started working on an input binding menu today for the demo. If all goes smoothly it will be released with the next update (early April at the latest).