Reviews for "The Impossible Maze Game "

Definitely a good try for a first maze game, but it could be better. The look isn't particularly polished, but it is definitely passable, and most definitely better than the majority I've seen on Newgrounds. The "maze game" mechanic is kind of old, but you did it well enough for me to enjoy it.

One hint for the future is to disable right-clicking, as it is very easy to cheat by using the right-click context menu to allow you to skip the level. Besides that, the game is sound. I'm a fan of ParagonX9 as well, so definitely thumbs up on the music.

Hope to see more from you in the future! I'd like to see another game, perhaps a bit longer, and without the ability to cheat. I'm sure it will be a great success!

JMac96 responds:

thanks for the advice. it was just a short little thing to help people to pass the time with but i agree, it could of been a bit longer. however i dont really know how to disable the right click context menu but thanks for including that as that will be something ill find out how to do in future games. thanks for taking the time to suggest things that could of been better it helps alot :D

This is a game where you move your arrow cursor through a path and try not to hit the walls while trying to reach the goal. There are many levels, but you only have 600 seconds to complete every single one. If you want constructive feedback for this game, then that's why I'm here.

The first thing that I noticed when playing the game is that the concept didn't seem very original because there are plenty of other games like this out there. The main reasons why I give this game a 3.5/5 is because one of the main reasons was because it didn't seem very original. Also, the music used in this game has been seen before many times. While ParagonX9 is a good music producer in my opinion, seeing people use a few repetitive songs (and don't forget the other reasons) makes this game a little bland to me.

JMac96 responds:

yea that seems fair thanks. i wasnt expecting this game to be the best out there, it was just a small project to show myself i could complete a game that was half good since i barely complete any major projects, this game to me shows i can follow through on making a game but i could of made it much better. i know this but i had other projects to work on. if i choose to make a sequel to this game, i will and i'll take all these comments ive replied to and will reply to and make a better game out of them comments. thanks for being fair for me :)

Okay, I give this a rating of 3. It seems like a game I could have fun with for quite a while, trying to do it while constantly failing- I am no stranger to these types of games. I take it that the music was not copyrighted, as I know I have heard it before, but I am not sure so someone else would have to determine that. My main problem is that when you die as such, you go back to the very beginning of the game, and I find that kind of unfair, given that if someone got to a rather late level, made a careless mistake and lost, they would have to retrace some pretty difficult tracks. I would consider changing this factor. apart from that, it's pretty good!

JMac96 responds:

thanks, i could of made it so that when you get to a level the game will read it as a checkpoint and go back to the start of that level instead of the start for the entire game but i thought it would be challenging to make it so that it doesnt to make it harder, but maybe next time i could have an easy, medium and hard difficulty option where the hard version is the one where you have to start from the beginning if you screw up on a level but thanks for suggesting that since i wouldnt have taken that into consideration before. also, its to my knowledge that if i add music to a game file to put on newgrounds that you have to add the track file onto the credit section of the game and if you monetise (make money out from) submitting the game from ads that you give a suggested fee of 5%-10% of the overall profits to those artists just so everythings cleared up with that. thanks for your time to review on my game as it helps a lot :)

Reminds me of the old school NG, I like it!

JMac96 responds:

thanks, im glad you enjoyed it :D

A decent start and you have good potential. If you need any help in the future let me know!

sure thanks :)