Reviews for "If I Were a Bird (Cover)"

A very lovely cover indeed! Tears me up, makes me feel like im flying, lol im not sure if that makes any since. I guess the best I can explain is that it makes me feel light as a feather. It is very sad but uplifting too and relaxing. I could fall asleep to this and not in a bad, boorish way either. More because it's just that peaceful and relaxing.

Thanks a lot, Jay :3
This was actually recorded a few days ago, I just forgot to upload it earlier :p
I cried some real tears in he point of Code Geass when this was played to its full extent, because of the contrast between the piece, and what was happening in the series (no poilers). Your thoughts definitely make sense to me. Both about flying, and about this piece being both beautiful and a bit sad at the same time.

I'll try to make a track tonight for the competition I was talking about, and sometime in the beginning of this week, I'll get that other creepy track done; I already have a good and solid plan, I feel.

UGH THE NOSTALGIA QAQ

Excellent cover btw.

~Phyrnna Q_Q

Yeah, I know :'(
Once again, sorry D:
I just like to play sad pieces from sad parts, I guess :p

Thanks!

P.S. Bullet Heaven 2 is out ermahgerd :s

I could see this as being sad (with context, of course). But your work here leaves so much up to the listener to decide, which I love. I probably would've determined that this was a happy piece (except for the last 20-30 seconds, perhaps), had I not read the description. Nice progression and use of colors. I'm not sure exactly how much of this is original, but it's definitely a creative idea to use only major chords for what was originally such a melancholic piece. Also, I'd love to hear how your semester is going and whatnot if you have the time to shoot me a PM this weekend. And if you don't well, at least keep making this beautiful music! :)

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Yeah. I agree that this arangement is very ambiguous in how one is supposed to interpret it. I think that is a nice quality too! Either way, it has a feel of sentimentality to it, whether it be of a good or bad nature.

I'd say that a fair amount of the arrangement is original, as I even change some of the melody. A ton of the chords are of course changed, in their own right :)

As for semester, I'm not sure if I've told you or you're already aware (I think I did tell you, so I'm sure you know about it), but semester is a funny word for me, as it actually means "vacation" in Swedish. Coincidentally, now that I am finally responding to this, I am enjoying the "Swedish kind" of semester :D

And that at least, is going nicely so far! :3
I hope you're doing well too :)

:-D