Reviews for "Charms of Lavender Blue"

hue

there is minor misspellings but good story

waffrus responds:

Oops.
Could you let me know where?

This was short but very sweet game. The art is cute as always. The character portraits are very expressive and detailed despite their lack of mobility, the backgrounds are nice to look at, though there isn't that much to them (nor many of them), and the random pictures like that of Baby Nora are, once again, cute. The use of different songs is great, especially the use of Mesmerize to convey the sadness in a scene.

The story itself is interesting, though I definitely feel that it should have been fleshed out a bit more. For instance, there could have been a daily option to talk to Nabi's parents to find out more about the curse. That's another thing, though: there weren't as many choices as in other games. While I did like how the story focused on Nabi and Pierce, I kind of hoped for other choices that could affect how things transpired. (SEMI-SPOILER) I actually expected there to be an option to get with Dani, akin to your other games, but the closest to that was the Sundae ending. (END SEMI-SPOILER)

There are some technical problems that I did see, but they're just text not filling the whole screen (e.g., the "Charms of Lavender Blue" title text and the "Technical Difficulties" text).

Overall, this was another great game made by you, and your cousin did great, too (I'm not sure if she helped you out on your other stuff, as well). A sequel would probably be a good idea with different characters, including a different protagonist since this kind of marks the end of Nabi's story, though I guess that all depends on how well this game does.

The drawing are beautiful and the 'technical difficulties' chi-bi is just too cute for words!
Not one of the best stories but the creative side is fabulous.
Thanks for making great games
Cheers :)

I looove the drawings. The story is interesting too.