Reviews for "Charms of Lavender Blue"

Another wonderful story from you is always cause for celebration. I realize it comes with the territory of making longer pieces, but there were several times when the character names referred to in the story got mixed up, or a few contradictory statements. My thought would be to not have too similar character names like Nabi and Dani; that should help to keep things straight in one's mind.

Thank you for the great visual novel!

I got a cream colored screen after choosing NO and one or more further clicks after the END 1 scene

It's abit too short though, but glad that you're back!!

This was super cute!! The art was really good! The story was good too, but I didn't get all the medals this time around. I have to go back in and try again, but I wanted to rate this first! Great work!

i really adored the art style. i feel like the ending came a little too quickly for the way it was built up, though, so i'm only giving it 4 stars.
but again the art style! <3 4 1/2.

This was short but very sweet game. The art is cute as always. The character portraits are very expressive and detailed despite their lack of mobility, the backgrounds are nice to look at, though there isn't that much to them (nor many of them), and the random pictures like that of Baby Nora are, once again, cute. The use of different songs is great, especially the use of Mesmerize to convey the sadness in a scene.

The story itself is interesting, though I definitely feel that it should have been fleshed out a bit more. For instance, there could have been a daily option to talk to Nabi's parents to find out more about the curse. That's another thing, though: there weren't as many choices as in other games. While I did like how the story focused on Nabi and Pierce, I kind of hoped for other choices that could affect how things transpired. (SEMI-SPOILER) I actually expected there to be an option to get with Dani, akin to your other games, but the closest to that was the Sundae ending. (END SEMI-SPOILER)

There are some technical problems that I did see, but they're just text not filling the whole screen (e.g., the "Charms of Lavender Blue" title text and the "Technical Difficulties" text).

Overall, this was another great game made by you, and your cousin did great, too (I'm not sure if she helped you out on your other stuff, as well). A sequel would probably be a good idea with different characters, including a different protagonist since this kind of marks the end of Nabi's story, though I guess that all depends on how well this game does.