Reviews for "Charms of Lavender Blue"

I really like this game. It's very sweet and I wish it was a bit longer and had other characters like say if you don't join the jewelry club and go to music instead then there should be other characters to spread out the chapters evenly and also the words "Nabi ...no...I don't want to remember" were WAY to dark to see, I actually have to screen capture the image and play around with it in gimp and then it was still hard to read. And with the music I had to keep clicking to turn it off (I was listening to other songs while I was playing this) so that got a tad annoying. But anyway it's still a really good game with an interesting story and beautiful art. You and your cousin should feel proud of this. Keep up the great work!

waffrus responds:

I... actually noticed too late that that line of dialogue was basically lost, oops. But I'll do something to fix that now. And dang, I thought I accounted for the music not coming back on when sound was off. Hrm. Will look into that. Sorry about that.

And yes, shortness is always an issue with my games. My... attention span tends to run out of steam when writing, haha... I'll work on that as one of the things to improve for in my next games.

But glad you liked it! <:

Another great game from Waffrus!

I really liked the story, it was simple and pretty sweet~ The characters and their expressions were amazing and I love the way you put funny stuff in your works.
The musics were pleasant to listen, and congratulations on learning how to put multiples on in it xP~
And...well... The art was simply amazing, as I said before the expressions were really well made and even the pictures from the endings look pretty~

Keep up with the good work Waffrus!~

Always love your stuff! Keep at it.

This was short but very sweet game. The art is cute as always. The character portraits are very expressive and detailed despite their lack of mobility, the backgrounds are nice to look at, though there isn't that much to them (nor many of them), and the random pictures like that of Baby Nora are, once again, cute. The use of different songs is great, especially the use of Mesmerize to convey the sadness in a scene.

The story itself is interesting, though I definitely feel that it should have been fleshed out a bit more. For instance, there could have been a daily option to talk to Nabi's parents to find out more about the curse. That's another thing, though: there weren't as many choices as in other games. While I did like how the story focused on Nabi and Pierce, I kind of hoped for other choices that could affect how things transpired. (SEMI-SPOILER) I actually expected there to be an option to get with Dani, akin to your other games, but the closest to that was the Sundae ending. (END SEMI-SPOILER)

There are some technical problems that I did see, but they're just text not filling the whole screen (e.g., the "Charms of Lavender Blue" title text and the "Technical Difficulties" text).

Overall, this was another great game made by you, and your cousin did great, too (I'm not sure if she helped you out on your other stuff, as well). A sequel would probably be a good idea with different characters, including a different protagonist since this kind of marks the end of Nabi's story, though I guess that all depends on how well this game does.

there is minor misspellings but good story

waffrus responds:

Oops.
Could you let me know where?