Reviews for "Charms of Lavender Blue"

Frustrating about the "kiss part". He asks "Is that a no?""... Correct English dictates if you click Yes as the answer, then you're confirming the answer was a No. So I clicked No, thinking "No, it's not a no." But alas, they didn't kiss and it was meaning that the No answer was a No to the kiss.

Other than that, it was fun.

waffrus responds:

Guh, the ambiguity of English. Changed it, so hopefully future players will be less annoyed, haha.

This was really cute. A pretty good VN. The visuals were definitely a strong point. I appreciated the characters changing outfits, and the painted backgrounds were very nice (although colors were a bit muddy at times).
I found the writing a little weak at times, often explaining something that was already clear from the visuals (like it being morning). If something can/already is being told visually there usually is no need to write it.
Unfortunately, I also had trouble feeling attached to to the characters, especially Pierce. I think just a little more time spent with them would have helped.
Overall, good job! This is an ambitious project, and it was very well executed! Keep it up!

waffrus responds:

Yeahhh, I think my writing is my weakest point, haha.
But thanks, glad you liked it. <:

I love this game! The only thing I'd keep an eye out for (and that got me my first play through) is when Pierce asks "Is that a no?". Nabi's options are yes or no, however your selection plays through as if you were answering whether Pierce could kiss Nabi or not. It's kinda confusing. Great work though!

It's alright. There was one part that annoyed me though.

"Is that a no?"

(Mind implodes)

Aha.
I saw that and thought, oh, I should change that or people are going to get annoyed.
...And then I left it in because it made me laugh.
...
Sorry, I'll go change that now, aha.

Great as always!