Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Abandoned Farm Escape"

In the drawer I got arrows, not letters so I can't type HARIS. Please help me.

selfdefiant responds:

Clue is from lighting candle on piano.

Not sure why but even after lighting the candle and getting the number clue the drawer still has arrows instead of letters. I checked the video walkthrough and have done everything right up to that point so I can't complete the game. I even reloaded and followed the walkthrough step by step and still get arrows. Such a shame because these games are my favourites.

selfdefiant responds:

If you look where the numbers appear after lighting the candle, the numbers are on arrows.

This was a new experience to me, since I've never played point and clicked puzzle games before. It's hard to say anything about puzzles without ruining the game, but I've found some of them to overcomplicated and detached from the overall good setup and chilling atmosphere. Let me put it this way: most of the puzzles were too abstract, and I wanted them to be more environment-oriented, since the environment itself was very impressive and was asking for exploration. But instead all the visual richness of the creepy photographic images served just as a kind of distraction, an obstacle, a mess in which the real puzzles (that usually had nothing to do with it) were hidden. I felt this like a big missed opportunity that could have been used to create a much richer and involving story.
Also, it may just be my unfamiliarity with the genre.

I really do enjoy puzzle games like these, because they actually motivate us to use our head, and challenges our critical thinking to some extent.

And the theme as well as graphics of these Odd Soul games almost never fails to please me.

how to clean everything XD