Reviews for "Abandoned Farm Escape"

Didn't like it too much, a lot of content that didn't make sense, like the arrows for example.

Not bad. Very challenging because there's a lot of different objects laying around, hiding the objects that you need. Very clever game.

SPOILERS!

The drawer puzzle isn't very straightforward, with there being four arrows and six numbers. It took me a moment to figure out. For anyone else stuck, press in this order: Down, right, left, up right, down. Aside from that being a bit difficult (it seems a lot of people are struggling), it was another good game!

And Tharos, good for you being so very "smart", maybe one day you'll get that award you clearly deserve and that'll help in you feeling superior and putting other people down. Shame your reading comprehension isn't all that good though, since people have mentioned their problem not being that they don't know to the light the candle, but how the numbers that are shown translate to the arrows.
Here's a hint for YOU: it's not even to do with intellect, but how the brain works; some people have a natural aptitude for certain types of puzzles, while others are better at different types, or just not that good at all. It's got nothing to do with your natural capacity for learning, and even if it did, people don't get to decide how easily they pick up on things, so it doesn't make much sense logically to treat them badly for something out of their control. In fact, it just makes YOU look bad.

This was a new experience to me, since I've never played point and clicked puzzle games before. It's hard to say anything about puzzles without ruining the game, but I've found some of them to overcomplicated and detached from the overall good setup and chilling atmosphere. Let me put it this way: most of the puzzles were too abstract, and I wanted them to be more environment-oriented, since the environment itself was very impressive and was asking for exploration. But instead all the visual richness of the creepy photographic images served just as a kind of distraction, an obstacle, a mess in which the real puzzles (that usually had nothing to do with it) were hidden. I felt this like a big missed opportunity that could have been used to create a much richer and involving story.
Also, it may just be my unfamiliarity with the genre.

People are voting this down because they're not smart enough to solve the puzzles?

I needed no walkthrough, just average point-and-click skills. I'm kind of surprised that people are having so much trouble with the arrow puzzle. Here's a hint: the matches are used more than once.

selfdefiant responds:

Thanks! I feel better now. :)