Reviews for "Arc Infinitum 1"

I feel like I just watched an episode of Ghost in the Shell.

I KNO RITE! lololololololololol

It's one series popping up after the other! Though, this one does seem more like a movie than a series, even if it ends without any real finality. The bad guys aren't defeated. It's not even certain if the good guys win. It's unclear what'd happen next if nothing follows.

Animation looks great. The cityscape background in particular almost looks like a photo, but in dark locales it feels like not everything is affected equally by light. The faces almost glow on their own, even if the clothes seem to just absorb all light that hits them. Also, bit strange and chunky shadows playing on the character faces.

GITS type setting works pretty well, feels like it has the same somewhat saturated color scheme as well, similar soundtrack and a similar protagonist. I start imagining how awesome it'd be if there was every any similar serial animation made in tribute/homeage to Oni, could hold traits from both series but seems like it'd have a much quicker plot. Anyway, as always: good entertainment!

-cd-

Kel-chan responds:

I have another part of this- I dunno if this will be a series instead of more of like an ova? meh semantics. I kind of like this better than KAGE actually but who knows.

For a novice on a small budget, this is pretty good.

Pretty good. Though I would tone down some of the effects and some of the voice actors should fix their mic setup. Like giving the mic a pop filter(holding toilette paper in front of the mic works) and portable sound booth or a blanket around them while voice acting.

Despite the soundtrack completely eclipsing the voices in several moments of the episode, the 3D art style and sinister backstory complement each other perfectly and deliver an everlasting and futuristic tale not easily forgotten.

I'll certainly be supporting the Patreon project and I await future entries of the series eagerly.

Kel-chan responds:

yeah I'm gonna try to fix the sound issues- I should have the next episode either by the end of the month or early march