Reviews for "Arc Infinitum 1"

So, here's my review. I took notes during the course of the video and I'll tell you how to improve when I finish watching this.
Also, I tried to make this as "Cinema Sins" as possible.

Also, it is likely that I'm going to miss some, but the things I do notice make up most of the mistakes. Also, sometimes I'll just feel lazy and ignore the redundant mistakes.

- Ground Textures are bad.
- Rabbit is apparently eating "grass" but no grass is to be seen
- Rabbit "hops" into the air, then falls down dead. I took 3D animation classes so I know that this is wrong.
- Gun noclips through cape. Okay, I'll give you that one.
- Shadow of the guy doesn't include cloak/cape
- (0:56) close up of face depicts wind brushing against hair and cloak. Next shot has no wind but still has wind SFX.
- Water textures look weird.
- Woman moves wheel even though she's on a straight road.
- Weird rendering of building in background during 1:23 and until end of shot
- 1:34 - guy is shown taking a smoke but he doesn't seem to breathe.
- 1:39-1:40 Girl enters then awkwardly jerks backward. Bad key set?
- Guy puts "cigeratte" (or Fag if you're English) into his back pocket but moves hand unrealistically which also noclips through trenchcoat. Again, I'll give you that.
- Coversation includes no movements of the face. Because mouths get the point across.
- 2:26 Guy's mouth hangs open and again, small in facial features.
- 2:42 Apparently suicide includes a small tub full of blood, a dead body with open eyes full of terror and said dead body wearing clothes.
- The glare is strong in this scene.
- Also no jaw movement during conversation, not even mouth during 2:47.
- 2:50 AHH THE SHINE!!
- 2:57 Is it just me or is my gamma too high - oh wait it's just the video.
- Robot looks at wrist or watch to identify user
- 3:38 Voice actor sounds like a mid-middle aged man with a really rough voice, but person speaking looks 20.
- Also, no jaw movement again.
- Oohh Jaw movement. But why is the guy looking to the right?
- 3:46 Voice does not fit character model
- 4:06 previous scene was dark, now bright as balls.
- Okay, improvement here. The guy is blinking and slight changing of facial features.
- Guy groans but doesn't look frustrated.
- Textures are bad during ruins scene.
- After closer examination, windows in buildings are just textures.
- 4:58 Guy doesn't seem to concerned even with this "concerned" voice of his.
- White haired guy talks, doesn't seem to concerned with that face of his.
- 5:42 Guy's face is pale but hand is tanned.
- Guy blinks way too much.
- Good animation during that bit (bench stand up)
- The animation is quirky.
- BRIGHT AS FUCK FOR MIDDLE OF NIGHT
- Good physics for the legs there.
- "Dud" robot is absolute shit as it requires owner to tell it to do something THEN begin analyzing.
- "Dud" Robot is female and walks too fluently to be robot.
- "Dud" Robot leaps at enemies and don't expect them to do anything.
- Main characters don't do anything even though they realize they're under attack
- Main characters take a step back because DuD robot jumped at them...no guns?
- Main characters wait for Dud robot to close in to pull out guns.
- Why is she blushing?
- Robot moves too fluently to be robot.
- Robot knows martial arts and doesn't come with built in weapons
- Robot decides to kick and stay defensive.
- Girl can dodge one attack but takes taken by surprise by the second even though she demonstrated extremely quick reflexes in the previous shot.
- Male main character expects guns to do some sort of damage to a METAL ROBOT
- Male main character requires the robot to be attacking him to return fire.
- No bullet sparks
- Main character waits for robot to attack before continuing to fire
- Wait EMP Boot?
- Main characters don't know how to hold a gun.
- Kobayashi doesn't run away when his robot is fighting police officer main characters

People have already taken notice of the total lack of facial expression in the animation. That bothered me a lot. You should be able to fix that with relative ease.

There's also the 3D animation being a little quirky at times. It's better than before, but still kind of awkward when I watch it.

There also seems to be a complete lack of "small details" in this animation as I see many, many no clips in here. Also bothered me.

The fight scene was illogical. The police officers should have open fired the moment the robot began advancing or even better, when it was 4 feet in front of them.

Inconsistent robot speeds. Also noticeable.

The Robot moved...like a human. Also bothered me.

Finally: Lighting. Mother of god is it bright.

On a side note:

Girl protaganist: Holy crap her boobs are huge!

Kel-chan responds:

I can't do anything about the clipping with the coats other than to not have them at all. The physics engine is not the best and has limits.

As for that rabbit- if you've ever hunted rabbit and not gotten a precise shot- that is what happens. I know, personal experience.

I totally forgot about Bullet sparks! Will do next time. everything else is just stuff that gets fixed slowly over time.

Yeah the end fight scene was recut from a long fight scene where there was a chase etc but the overall episode was too long. In retrospect i should've done it- maybe i'll release a directors cut sometime

Definitely not the best animation I've seen, but the music and the voice acting are good, and I'm actually quite interested by the story.

Not a fan of the voice acting on some characters.

Specifically speaking the dude with the robot eye and the guy with blue hair, the voices seem forced and unnatural. The blue haired guy especially sounds like he has a stick straight up his buthole.

I really wish effort made a good movie, because this must have taken a shit ton of effort, and I commend you for that. However, I have a pretty low tolerance for anime as it is, and this hit all the horrible cliches with none of the budget. It had above average voice acting and okay animation, but that was about it. Textures ranged from passable to horrid, dialogue was painfully generic, the characters were walking stereotypes, and it completely lacked any kind of self awareness of just how generic it really was. It embodies much of the worst parts of anime while having far below average visuals. Maybe I'm just not the target audience for this, and again, it's very obvious that you put effort in, but I'm staunchly of the opinion that it was not worth it.

Kel-chan responds:

Thats why I said in the video description- this is not for everybody.

What I don't understand about newgrounds is this: The video icon features an anime character striking a pose. Within the first min the viewer can see it's an anime movie. The name of the user that created it is "Kel-chan".

So if people don't like/are not into anime, why bother even clicking on or watching it? I'm not hiding things or trying to bait people into watching things they aren't interested in.

Let me check, pull down gamma to the maximum. Ok It's barely watchable, have you heard of backgrounds, the building background looks like an excuse for you not putting in some effort to any scene whatsoever. Why are there no expressions? I may lack facial expressions in real life but at least my face actually moves when I'm talking such as brows furrow when making the O sound and my cheek muscles contract when shaping sounds as lips don't magically move over the face as if the face was a blank canvas. If you are trying to do stuff in 3D then do stuff correctly. Just throwing it together without putting work into something shouldn't be appraised. I know that some work was put into this but it doesn't look like you committed yourself to do it.

TL:DR it sucked, no the gamma of your computer didn't skyjump to a billion percent, no story or animation quality.

Kel-chan responds:

its not that no work was put into it- its that i'm a novice- If you're expecting frozen on newgrounds i'm sorry to say I dont have millions of dollars nor 100s of animators with decades of experience working for me.