Reviews for "Arc Infinitum 1"

Felt the need to log in and leave my two bits. You did a couple things poorly, and a couple things well. Let's hit 'em in that order.

The bad:
- Lip Flaps (I noticed that the lip flaps are pretty out of sync with the dialogue. Sometimes they keep going after the speaker finishes, sometimes they finish early. There's also precious little variety in them. I realize that it's basically impossible to get lifelike lip flaps from a medium like this, but you could probably do with some practice here)
- Fight Choreography (The combat reminded me of Final Fantasy. It's very slow and honestly feels like that whole battle was turn-based. You used some cool ideas, but the combat needs to be sped up; I'd say at least half again as fast would be a good starting point. It might be easiest if you render the combat separately, and then speed it up when you load it into the rest of the movie)
- Texture Seams (Some bits, especially the scene with Mr. Robot Eye, have some fairly obvious seams in your textures. Look around his cheeks and mouth during that scene and you'll see what I was talking about. I realize these are really difficult to contend with, but even a token effort can sometimes go a very long way. If you were trying to make them look like lighting effects instead, try playing with your bloom settings-- make them look like reflections instead of hard lines)
- Voice Acting (Some of your voice actors need practice. They're not bad by a long shot, but the delivery, especially in the scene with Mr. Robot Eye, is rather on the flat side. What works best for me is to deliver the lines as the character instead of as the character's actor, if that makes any sense at all)
- Walk Cycles (the characters seem stilted as they move. I was willing to give it to the hunter as I was certain he had an issue with his left leg, but when I saw the other characters move that way I was thrown off. A really easy way to figure out where exactly you're going wrong-- because good walk cycles are *hard*-- is to take a video of yourself walking back and forth across a room a time or two, then play it back slowly to figure out the mechanics of taking a step. The same is true for running as well.)

And now for the good!

- Voice Acting (When your actors are good, they're pretty bloody good. Especially the cop and her partner; they inject life into the delivery and some of the other roles are rather lacking in that. If you bring your whole team to their level, it would do incredible things.)
- Concept (While there's not really enough substance here for me to figure out entirely where you're going, it feels like you've done some pretty serious worldbuilding to get to this point. I'm a *huge* fan of good worldbuilding.)

In total, I gave 3.5 stars. If there was a 3.75 option, I'd give you that instead. You've done some good work, and it definitely shows. You've got potential as an animator, you've got good talent working with you, and you've got a story that is interesting enough I want to see part two. It's a diamond in the rough-- it definitely needs polishing, and you've got a goodly amount of work ahead of you if you want to catch up to, say, RWBY, but you've also got the ability to get there. Keep it up, keep practicing, and I'm sure we'll see awesome things from you in the future.

Kel-chan responds:

It's funny you mention final fantasy because i kind of was looking at some of those fights when i was making this- I think it has to be smoother/faster etc

I enjoyed the story and animation but I think the presentation was a little too similar to ghost in the shell, especially with the music. I think it would have worked a lot better if you gave the show it's own identity outside of the gits influence.

Also, I feel like a lot of your shots were ruined by having the contrast cranked up way too high. A good majority of scenes were either super dark or super washed out and didn't read very well because of it.

I really like this and thought the dialogue between the two main characters was really well done. I hope there will be more in the future.

Kel-chan responds:

When's the next Kerslash!!!

Nah, JK. Yeah I have to fix alot of stuff. I'm probably gonna try to make a second one just to try and iron out some stuff and then see what folks say. Hopefully I can make some better scenes and stuff.

Usually I think my stuff kind of copies alot of ideas but gradually overtime it turns into its own thing, and originally this was written years ago as a ghost in the shell fanfic so I had to rework alot of stuff and leave out things to make it different

Love the guy doing his best Steven Blum impression.

it looked good. So stylistic. One of the things that bothered me was the lip syncing. the faces didn't move much in general. That said, the voice actors were really good and you have really good story telling abilities. I look forward to seeing subsequent updates to this series!

The ad ion parts were very good, little improvement there, and the voice overs were spot on, the only bad part was the animation and Rendering. Thus the 3.5 nice work though!