Reviews for "Epic Blowfish"

needs work

A little bit more than just another Flappy Bird knock off, I love the concept, but I wish it was more responsive.

Red lasers are much easier than the green because you can always fall as red but you're only rising as green for a very small time. High score becomes a factor of lucking out with overall more red than green.

Improvement would be if, as long as the left mouse button is pressed, you remain green and keep rising until you release. This would balance that out nicely so both red and green are even.

IlluminAppti responds:

Thanks for playing! Also, thank you for the constructive criticism.

Some points for me to definitely consider...

Flappy Bird mechanics + random color changing + hoping to be the right color at the right laser (pure dumb luck) = one overly frustrating game.

IlluminAppti responds:

When you click, on the screen. The blowfish will turn green and swim upwards, for a little less than a second. Then, it changes back to red and sinks. It's not random.

Admittedly, the reds are easier to go through than the green. So, sometimes it comes down to luck. But, there is a skill behind this.

Thanks for playing. Even if you didn't enjoy it...

Although the concept looks nice,the gameplay is frustrating.Each click sends the bird....ehh,I mean the fish too high,making it hard to control(perhaps sending it lower would be better).Every time I pass a laser and then I change the color,it's registered as a mistake and the game is over(if a pass a red laser and then click,I still lose).Did I mention that the core of the gameplay is just the same as in many other games(like flappy bird,clumsy bird,flappy bird hipster and others like that)?

IlluminAppti responds:

I appreciate you giving my game a chance. So, thank you for that.

I've had quite a few people suggest that the gameplay, could be a bit easier. But, some enjoy the frustration. I guess that it's down to personal preference, at the end of the day.

There are definitely similarities with the game and it's knock-offs. But, I think that it's in no way a Flappy rip-off.

I do find your rating overly-harsh. I would think that if you play a game a handful of times and you find certain aspects appealing. It would deserve at least 1 star.

Nevertheless. Thanks for playing it.