Reviews for "Followers"

Similar to Priorities, I felt like this animation was just... Incomplete. Overall the mechanics of it, both technically and conceptually are almost the same. The graphics are nice, with a little more bloom than is necessary, and the animation is passable, though choppy at points. Also similar to Priorities, logic goes out the window.

Some random kid that skipped school is following around some shady guy with a gun and a briefcase of money. Why does that sound like the beginning to some RPG Maker game? Throughout all of the random things this kid does to get closer to this old dude, and throughout the old dude's more distant ways of protecting the kid, it seems as if this animation gets sidetracked in its obvious attempt to draw a connection between school and prison. I think I know what you're trying to say, but I don't like how you're doing it. The animation simply fails to make any sense. Simplicity can be a kind of poetry, but only if it is profound.

I don't really get it. So the guy turns himself in at the end because he doesn't want to run away because he doesn't want to be like that other guy who ran away and instead wants to be a good example for the little boy? But wasn't he wrongfully imprisoned to begin with? Doesn't that mean he shouldn't turn himself in? It's not like he has to own up to what he's done, right?

One of the few times I'll do an actual review
I'm an avid fan of this kind of cartoonish style of art used in 3D animations, I liked the fact that you were able to tell a story without the characters talking. Although the animation needs some work (the part where the boy falls after the bus, running, the punch from the guy), I liked it, and the fact that it's 3D makes it amazing because 3D animation is really hard to do and it looks really cool, that plus the amazing story.

wow this really was beautiful and the message really makes ya think.....and for those of you who didn't get it the title of this "piece of art" as I would like to put it :D gives a big hint of the authors message great job man I hope you make more work :D

I was surprised by how into the story I got. The story was a little hard to follow, but it all came together in the end. I also noted that most of those names looked pretty Latvian--we're Latvian, so it's good to see :)