Reviews for "Snowman Slide"

Found this really great, was the perfect level of challenge for me to get all the achievements, could maybe be improved with more of a storyline, but I thought the unicorn thing was amusing enough for now!

Whoo! Excellent job completing it :D
Haha it's the best story I could make in a night x) I needed a good enough reason for the snowman's passion xD

Your randomly generated levels work great both in theory and practice, which doesn't happen too often. I really enjoyed the game, even though the general idea is very old and simple.

My advice for the mobile sequel is to (unless you're planning to expand and introduce it to the gameplay more) get rid of the story. It's silly in a bad way and unnecessary (at the very least).

Zanzlanz responds:

Thanks! If the generator wasn't working how I'd want it too, I wouldn't have even continued through Ludum Dare :) It just wouldn't be worth it.

And yeah the sequel won't be anything like this x)

Nice game... Coming up with the randomizer is a stroke of genius. Curious on how you did it :)

Zanzlanz responds:

Thank you very much! I'd have to say that my favorite part of developing games is coming up with random generation. It's a lot of fun coming up with a system that works perfectly for the specific game. It was down to just luck that I came up with it for a Ludum Dare game though :D

Here's how I did it: http://ludumdare.com/compo/2014/12/14/puzzle-2/

Pretty fun! I much enjoy it, but are you terribly sure, being random generated, they can all be beaten? Because I had to re-play a few because all possibilities to get to the exit seemed blocked off or inaccessible

Zanzlanz responds:

Yes I am absolutely 100% sure each level can be beaten. :) It generates levels by finding a solution, so it's impossible for it to be unsolvable. If you ever get stuck, send me a PM of the level and I'll reply with the solution :D

And thanks!

This game was just okay. I admit that the graphics don't look that good at all. It was a bit hard to get into. Well, at least I got a little far in it. There should have been more fluidness. Fluidity?

I don't know how to really say that. The sounds and music were alright. There was just nothing too memorable about this. At least it was made in good spirits. Happy new year, I guess?

Zanzlanz responds:

Sure thanks! Happy New Year!
Sorry you couldn't like it (: maybe next time!