Reviews for "Snowman Slide"

this god game

Thank yee! I'm glad to entertain (:

Pretty Awesome Game Zanzlanz :D

Why thank you TheBestYoshi! ;D

There's a bug where (sometimes? somehow?) the coin total from the previous level can get added to that of the next level. For example, my first time through I got all of the coins on each of the first four levels without retrying and as a result my coin totals for those levels are now stuck at 3/3, 6/3, 10/4, and 14/4 respectively. I didn't notice this until I got to the end of the game and it told me I hadn't gotten the "all coins" achievement even though I definitely got all of the coins, and now I'll have to wipe my data and play the whole thing over in order to have a chance because it's impossible to overwrite just those erroneously-high values. This is one of those situations where it's better to use "greater then or equals" and/or "less than or equals" when checking for achievements (what if someone was able to find a way to complete one of the randomly-generated levels in less moves than the algorithm predicted possible?).

Anyway, I don't care about achievements or endings, so I still give this five stars, 'cause everything else is great (the only other complaint I can think of is that there's some weird slowdown in parts, but that doesn't affect much).

Zanzlanz responds:

No one has mentioned the coin issue before, but I went through the code hoping to find a reason for it to happen. Didn't really come to a conclusion... but I did reinforce coin resetting, and updated the game with a code that lowers your coin values for you :) You just have to beat one level and the medals should update.

Greater/Less Than or Equals would fix the results of the actual error, which is why it's good not to use it in cases like score. The generator will always be accurate when showing the moves, since the number of moves is exactly how it's generated :D

Thanks for your feedback and help! Again I hope the bug is fixed for you.

Its a simple sliding puzzle game with an awesomesauce.exe story ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lol thanks! The little story was fun to make XD

this game is awesome - it's wintry and fun :) I'm from illinois and we allways have snow like it's canada, but this winter we don't have snow yet, and it's the day after xmas the date i wrote this review. it's great to think about the weather i don't have to drive in yet :D

Zanzlanz responds:

Haha, thank you very much!
And yeah! I'm in Michigan, and we only had one big snow this year. I can't say I miss the frightful weather too much, although it does set a very different mood for us, since Christmas is always associated with wintery weather.