Reviews for "Candy for Christmas"

Nice game! BTW, The Cookie Lover Medal is Glitched, i got all the 1000 but it doesnt work D:>

Optimos responds:

And yeah I realized it before and tried to fix the medal but it seems not to work either. Guess I'll have to remove it.

This Game Is Pretty Awesome Optimos :D

Thanks :)

Its a really good game, but heres a few suqqestions: Save progress button, as i tried to get visit optimus page before i did 25k score achievement and lost all progress. I may just complete the 25k medal later tonight but my second suqqestion: More characters! (Elves etc.) They could cost score or cookies. 4.5/5. How did you make the game (Im thinking about making a game like this.) By how i mean like what program.

Optimos responds:

I thought the game was automatically saved after each 30 seconds run, even if you returned to main menu :/ Guess I didn't include the save feature properly.
The game was made on Stencyl. It's a great program for us people with no programming knowledge.

I thought it was a fun game. Seeing how it is your 2nd game from a previous review response, I thought it was put together well. Graphics were okay, but that improves with experience, so I'm not going to knock you much on that.

To me, I think jumping in this game was kind of pointless. Maybe something to work on if you make another type of these games is to have obstacles come by from the side from time-to-time to make jumping purposeful. I also thought another medal that would have benefits for your game was to have one for scoring 1000 points in free mode. Most people will probably stop free mode after five minutes once they get that medal.

As far as I'm concerned, that would have made things more challenging for most. Overall though, I give your game a thumbs up.

Optimos responds:

Well, jumping is sometimes useful for avoiding bombs, trust me. And yeah, hopefully graphics will improve with time & practice.
Thanks for the review :)

Simple; fun game! I'm thinking an upgrade option to let the candy stay on the ground longer would've been neat, and maybe some power-ups to enhance the free-play mode, like items to slow down time, double your score for a short while, extra lives, etc. It is fun but it's also pretty basic, not much variation in what you collect or how you do it. Anyway, thanks for the medals; Merry Christmas!

-cd-

Optimos responds:

I'm thinking about making a sequel (not Christmas related though) with a lot more features to make the game more entertaining. This was very basic, I know, but it was like some kind of "test" to see if people liked it and thus make a "2.0" version of this game. Thanks for the ideas to improve the replay value :)
And merry Christmas!