For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 45 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "Tightrope Theatre"

I would call this 'A Good Little Game'. Easy mechanics, easy play for about 20-30 minutes. Good fun, gets the job done. Well done.

Great game!

It was indeed a fun play-through! I can't tell you how many times it took me to beat some levels. Even with careful planning, I'd still seem to die for the longest time. I eventually got the hang of it though and was able to complete all of acts and gain all of the medals in under 30 minutes.

Besides that your character was adorable, but cool at the same time. The level layout was nice, and the I loved the music. Never got sick of it. Fluent controls, and nice touch on adding the sensitivity. It took some learning to grasp how to properly slow down in the later levels!

Above all great work, and keep doing what you're doing.

4/5

-rebellyus

Adorable and challenging! Very nice.

This is a nice challenging game, but there are levels in which you land on the glowing plataform and nothing happens. I tried to jump or land again during the same turn but it was useless. I had to kill the character and do the whole level again to be allowed to go to the next level :(

AdventureIslands responds:

You need to land close enough to the middle. Just landing to the edge is not enough. Now if the whole platform doesn't register you standing on it I don't know what could be causing that.

A very fun and solid (I couldn't find a single bug) little game, but it has its flaws. Actually, while playing, I thought up an annoying thing about every level hazard you put in the game (besides fireballs, they were just... fireballs):

Spikes: The hitboxes. You can ride under them with your head behind the tips, but touch the side and you're dead. I'm glad they're not a rectangle of death like in most other games, but shouldn't it be the other way around? Very counterintuitive.

Barrels: The spawnpoints. Now, this doesn't apply to most levels since they had clear patterns of where the next barrel will fall, but there were a few where it was (or maybe just seemed to me) random. It made being near the top of the screen very frustrating, since a barrel could instantly appear and whack me without any warning.

Torches: Again, the hitboxes. The're kinda hard to tell. And aren't they just floating spikes?

Moving platforms: Why are they sticky? It doesn't help maneuvering at all, actually it made it frustrating.

Cannons: Actually I loved the cannons. They were the hardest and also most fun element of the game.

All those negative things being said, I loved the game. I wish you the best of luck in the Ludum Dare!