For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 42 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "Tightrope Theatre"

Games like this is why Ludum Dare matters.

This is amazing! I beat the game!:)
5/5 stars:)

THIS GAME.

OOOOH, THIS GAME.

IT'S JUST

MMM
I loved the levels, the graphics, and a lot more. there's one problem though.

The physics. This game is essentially Ice Physics: The Game.
Too slippery, and the physics are the main reason i can't beat this game...

Overall, i fucking love it, great job AI! 4.5 stars.

5 out of 5 stars. I love the controls, and everything about the game. It's everything I like in a game, and it's a Ludum Dare submission? Amazing!

Cute little game that stands on it's own but as a Ludum Dare submission, this is REALLY good! I mean the quality for it being worked on for only 48 hours is wow, amazing. You must be one heck of a developer!

And to the comment below me who said the controls are frustrating, you have to remember the concept. You are on a unicycle. There's automatically going to be some inertia when you try to stop, aka some sliding. That's realistic physics. In fact, I think the developer could have easily made the unicycle slide TOO much which would ruined the whole game, because a lot of games with this type of inertia effect over do it, giving no control over the character at all, which is no fun at all. But you did a perfect job. When I died, I didn't feel like it was the game's fault. I felt like it was mine for just mis-calculating my jumps or not landing them right.

My only suggestion to this is that, while I know I'm a performer in the game, I wish I had felt like a performer. I wish I could have heard an audience applaud when I finished the level, or even make reaction noises during the level. They could have gasped when I fell/got hit or even boo. And when I'd make a jump, they could have cheered a variety of different noises. Because no one wants to hear the same sound clip over and over again. That would get annoying fast. But I think being able to hear different reactions from an audience would have gave the game more life and better instill the feeling of being a performer. Better yet, I wish I could have seen a stage full of people at the bottom of the screen who would clap or jump up and cheer and what not depending on the situation. In fact it makes me think back to Paper Mario on the N64. The very first boss, Hook Tail (Had to look that up haha. There's no way I remembered that.), there was, for some reason, an audience in that one battle. I really loved the energy, the crowd pumping you up. While this definitely is a whole different game, I still think that the idea could really liven it up.

I doubt you'd go back to an older game to program such a huge update, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there! I think it would give the game popularity again.