Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Last Town"

This game is pretty good, sometimes it get confusing about the stats of all the creatures but i just finish it in like an hour.

+1 Gameplay: I really dont feel it repetitive at all, and is pretty entretaining, keeps you thinking about a new way to deal with the problems. Tons of events make this entretaining each turn.

+.5 Features: A lot of classes to choice, funny and editable story, skills for your town and citizens, all the buttons are on their places but a "Replay" button could be better, some skills are bugged when you try to use to fast they just get wasted and the game really needs some kind of bestiary to know much better about what are you dealing with.

+1 Graphics: They turn their heads!

+.5 Music: Nothing remarcable about this, but still good enough to dont press the mute button.

+1 Experience: I really love it, sometimes makes you feel is inpossible to make it to the next level, until you try something new and you undo your mistakes. I read some comentaries about having problems with the apple tree skills and the apple regeneration, that makes me FEAR to play this for a moment, then I got those problems but they feel like they where part of the game, I learn to deal with the lack of apple regeneration with more farmers and the game just keeps being funny and challenging for me (and the apple regeneration comes back too!!). I cant say the game was pretty short.. I feel more like I get entretained a lot and the time just fly away too quickly. I like this game and expect somehow a second part. GIVE IT A TRY!

Theres no Resume but hey.. i got some tips

TIPS (SPOILERS too!!):

-For starters, each character have a skill, you will get apple icon first from the farmer, just click on the apple icon then a land square to place an apple tree(they work as a poor block defense and gives mores apples so you probably want them on the back like a last defense)

-Just one gem spend on "mosquete" upgrade will helps you to dont repeat the level (try to not waste gems on this skill)

-Most of the time you will have no problem about lack of apples if you start the match placing 3-4 farmers (just don place them in line or youre doomed, i place them on vertical position all the time so they dont let scape those sneaky rats)

-You really want to keep the healers and farmers well upgraded, placing small groups with a healer in the middle and a strong character (I use smiths) in front of it to defend it works pretty well for me

-Engieners (those viking looking dwarves) could look strong.. but they are really defensive weak, but their walls are one of the most usefull skills on the game so you will find helpfully to place about 3 on the back (walls all on front, they are really strong)

-During the game sometime you will need to take some choises, those affects a little bit the gameplay (asking the merchant what he was talking with the witch makes you lose a turn to upgrade with the train), but most of this choises are to win a title at the end of the game (mine is : "Devonsito" "the supersticious" "and civil" "barterer")

-At some point,the half of your characters are moving to another town, choise wisely and try to not full upgrade a class until this event happen. (I'm not sure if the game half the classes with some criteria or is just random, so you could lose a fully upgraded class)

-REALLY SPOILER: You could have some problems with the final boss, seems so unfair vomiting enemies everywhere and eating your expensive citizens each 10 seconds... I recomend you a LOT of farmers (7-8) at the start because they are cheap and doesnt matter so much about being eated, and you really will need a fully long ranged class (assasin, lancer or archer) fully upgraded because the boss doesnt move at all at the begin (and you dont want it to keep spawning more monsters).

Good luck to all c:

It was simplistic, but also had some depth. Basically, monsters walk in straight line, some have ranged attacks, and different villagers "towers" have different attributes and area of effect. There is an interesting story with some mild interactivity and a twist towards the middle. Overall, enjoyable way to kill some time but could have been better. More mechanics for the villagers or intelligence from the enemies would be nice.

Good Game :D
I loved the animation and the story

Great game, though I don't think the final split up is a good idea since the engineer is OP so you have to choose the side that has him.

This game is a very fun game, however there are far too many moments of frustrations due to bugs, or just poor design choice, I'm not sure which. First, the good. The game itself, is fun. It's nice to sort of plan out or place units in strategic places. Personally my best was maxing out the javelineer and just spamming them on the front lines. Every enemy dies in one to two hits, doubly so with maxed out archers in the back lines. All the units were able to work in tandem with each other which is a very nice thing, except the blacksmith. I've yet to find a use for him. Judging from the skills he seems like he's a tanky unit but he's way more expensive than a simple farmer who does the job just as well. The artwork is superb, well done and very stylistic. I enjoyed the choices that came up during the story as well, it gave me a sense of "I am in charge of this town" feeling, as it should being the mayor and all. The active skills were done in an interesting way, each unit had a skill and that unit had to kill a certain amount of zombies to be able to use it. This is a rather interesting way to do active skills, and it worked, sometimes..

Into the bad now. The ABSOLUTE main issue I had, was apple regeneration. Sometimes it simply didn't work, it just didn't generate any apples, and that made the game roughly 10 times more difficult than it should have been. I'm not sure whether this was a bug or a design choice, either way it just didn't work and detracts from the experience. There was a moment where the story said that the soil is infertile and cannot plant any more apples, that is when it is acceptable to have no apple regeneration, when the story dictates it. But for whatever reason, my apples regenerated there, but elsewhere where there is not a single mention of apples it doesn't. This forced me to change my entire playstyle, and when I've already allocated all my coins and gems toward a certain playstyle, this can have very negative impacts. Where the teleporting wizards and knight zombies were introduced, is where I ran into the most trouble. I somehow had to fend off a horde of ranged attackers without apple regeneration. I had to tone down the difficulty about 6 times before I even had a chance of completing the level and the only way of obtaining apples was spamming farmers so that they kill zombies and using their active skill to plant trees. This sucks, as this forces the player in having to play in a certain way, and it's even worse if the player didn't invest all that much into the farmer like I did at the time. Doesn't help that the enemies during that wave were all ranged attackers, something that farmers are crap against. So, I had to spam farmers, hope they killed enough enemies, grow trees to get apples so I can put down more damaging units, and if one of my attack units, or all of my farmers died from the incredibly accurate and long range attacking enemies, I basically lost and had to start over. After the 3rd time that level lost any fun value it had. This happened before that wave near the beginning but I managed to get past it. It resurfaced again during the final boss fight, not sure why as it was working during the first stage, but the instant it got closer apple regeneration stopped. Surprisingly I was doing fine, it only ate one of my two farmers rather than the archer and javelineer I had placed down to attack it. I was able to replace the farmers fairly quickly as they killed the regular grunt zombies fairly fast. The only reason I lost, was because of a bug where I was unable to use skills. This was literally the death of me. All my units were being attacked, I tried to use the archers skill but it wouldn't let me. It would show the reticle and area of the attack, but won't actually use it. This led to my entire group being overrun and even after my archer died, the skill still said it was still able to be used. These two problems are glaring issues that overall detract from the game and only lead to frustration. Perhaps a better method of active skills is maybe instead of getting kills to charge a skill, perhaps it can charge automatically but only if there is the respective unit on the field, maybe it'll charge faster when more of the same unit are placed, I dunno. This way players don't have to spam farmers to get apples when regeneration doesn't work. Or the unregenerating apples can be fixed, so that every level aside from when the story says that it won't regenerate, will actually have regenerating apples.

I'm not a game designer, or a programmer or anything. I just enjoy games, and if I see something that bothers me as a gamer, I will rip it to shreds. It is a fun game, and the bugs or design choice or whatever with the apples, only appeared rarely. The skill bugs appeared only during the boss fight. Last Town is a solid game, with a few flaws is all. Every game has flaws but when the flaws are massive gaping holes in it, that's when it's a problem that should be addressed. Overall it is a fun game, I've yet to try the boss again, so I'm not sure if the bugs will appear again.