Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Dead Detention #1"

Quite a great game and I'll love to see the rest of the story but the "minigames" aren't so great. It'll be nice if you made them a bit more challenging.

3 for the art and references.
The mini games were pretty lame and the story line was HSotD

HeHe, I love the name of that achievement. "Fire starter"...

Nothing new or spectacular. Keep working on your animations and storyline. Also, I suggest that you stop making refferences to a "zombie game" or something that will utterly fail in breaking the 4th wall. Other than all of these, I enjoyed it and am looking forward to part 2.

I like the illustration, I like the music, and I like the anime references. The concept is good, but kind of lacking a little something......imo, this game would be about a hundred million times better if you were to work in a 'chose your path' feature into it - think the Walking Dead games, or those really old Goose bumps books where you had to choose the next page to flip to. Or Dragon Age Inquisition. You could think a lot of things.

For instance, a really great bifurcation point for the story would be to give the player a choice when the pink haired girl wants to go to the cafeteria, and the protagonist wants to go to the nurse station - how about giving us the choice about how to proceed, and then changing the story/outcome of the game based on that??

I guess since this is a trilogy, the only way you could really make it work is by changing the progression through the game, but not the ending. That way all players could start out in the same spot in the next version - and maybe the final installment of the game, players could choose their own ending (: Now that would be a spicy game.

I understand if that's too much of a hassle for this little project, but just a suggestion. As it is now, I feel like the game is just a bit too static, although it does have lots of personality, which I love.