Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Dead Detention #1"

A pretty good "game", though I think to make it better, you should work on adding branching paths. I'm not saying "The Walking Dead" style gameplay, but adding some choice to the game would make it even better. Even maybe add a bit of challenge to the minigames, like timers, to help give the player a bit of satisfaction for completing a minigame.
I do also like the simplicity of the art style, but there were a few parts were I wasn't sure what was what. Look at what you could improve, be ambitious but practical, and I think you'll be able to do cool things with this series.

Was good. I just think it should have been longer. I hope there's more though :3

I happen to like the art. It's kinda abstract and surreal. Maybe that's not what you are going for, but it makes it more interesting to watch. Great start for an Interactive Story =)

when i got the fire starter medal in game, i didnt get in on newgrounds for some reason?

It's a pretty ok game. I liked the story, but the gameplay elements were a little lacking. Maybe you could add a sort of running scene where u control Max and fight off zombies and stuff? Overall, it's pretty cool, and i loved the little DayZ joke u threw in there!

JackAstral responds:

Thanks! I'll definitely try making some more mini-gamey interactive parts in episode 2!