Reviews for "Vernacular"

Very innovative gameplay and such an interesting way to tell a story. The simple art style helped to offset the sometimes brutal surprises. A challenging but great game.

love it!, yes it was weird at first and i didnt know wath was going on, and moving everyting was stressing, but thats just for the begining, you habe a nice idea here and i would love to see more of this

I have to clap at the originality and style of this. It is quite unique and develops an unnerving atmosphere. This submission is along the lines of works like 'gone home' or 'Dear Esther' in that it is more of an artistic experience than a game itself, so it might be not for everyone but one has to cheer for unique and minimalistic design. The strong point of this game is that more than a sense of fear like other point-n'-click games look to cause, Vernacular drives you to a feeling of confusion and morbid curiosity, the latter works as the vehicle that makes you finish this short and subreal horror game.

I really liked this, it was difficult at first, but i like how it never held your hand for anything, it forced you to figure out how to interact with the photos. I found it very creepy and well done.

I won and I don't know why...