Reviews for "Moonkid"

My word, I don't know where to begin.

The whites and grays gave the game a soft, dreamlike quality to it, almost tender in the way, belying the fact that destruction would soon befall on this sleepy town. It really was a cross between an animation and a game.

The music was a nice choice, gentle yet foreboding on the falling of the moon. I think at one point there was a song that I think was also used for the Illusionist's Dream, in the menu screen.

The feeling I got from this was a mixture between One Chance, Apples in the Tree, and Everyday is the Same Dream. And just like those games, there is no winning or losing.

One Chance gave you the ability to try to save humanity, or to rest with your family.

In Everyday is the Same Dream, it's very placid and flat (not in a bad way), soothing, yet disillusioned.

As for Apples in the Tree, it's a bit more light, with storybook illustrations, crayon scribbles and unique characters.

MoonKid's mechanics work in the way that you're sort of given a fate, based on the actions or decisions you make. Whatever we choose, however, we all end up in the same place. The end

Delightfully atmospheric, sad, and artfully expressive, it's every which way to greatness. I really enjoyed the game and will look forward to whatever else you plan on sharing with all of us.

Thank you.

MikeSalyh responds:

Thank you for the in-depth review! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

One Chance was a big influence on me. I've never played Everyday is the Same Dream, but I'll be sure to check it out. Cheers!

Right A Down Right A Down
It's not working! T_T

So deep...

beautiful... :(

It's 3:15....
I haven't seen a game quite like this. Totally taken by this one. I have no clue where to go or what to do but I don't seem to care! There's so much to look at and do. Well done dude..... well done. You have a cool brain~

well done, though it's depressing that the mom was ditching the kid and not just the father.

i didn't pick up on the meaning behind that but i suppose it's something to do with human selfishness or something. i got a different vibe from her at the start though.

or she blames him for something to do with the father's gardening obsession.

oh well it was still well done even if i didn't grasp what you were trying to convey with that particular bit