Reviews for "Chompy"

love the game on some levels i could beat in one go and that felt so good to do but on some others it was more difficult and i loved it all

5 Stars

Sweet game. It all works together brilliantly - the energetic music, the cute art and fluid animation, the snappy mechanics (no pun intended), and the great level design with its finely-adjusted difficulty curve. I like how the Gold times are always challenging at first yet never out of reach of a reasonably dedicated player, too - keeps the game fun.

Just two small bugs. First: after the game pauses upon losing focus, when unpausing, the music sometimes gets stuck, with the same short segment repeating ad nauseam. The only way to fix this is to reload the Flash file.

And second: I actually got the "Pro Speedrunner" medal the first time I passed level 30, without having gotten Gold on that level. (My first passing time was 40.5 seconds.) FWIW I had Gold on all the other levels, perhaps it had to do with that.

Neither is a big issue, so all in all you get a well-deserved 5/5!

Thank u WolveGames, suVrik, camoshark, and "step" for making this game. IT IS REALLY THE AWESOMEST/FUNNEST GAME I HAVE EVEA PLAYED EVEA!!!!!! :3

GuyUngerNL responds:

THANK YOUU FOR THE NIICE REVEW(S) KTTYS334455!!!11 ^.^

This game is very good. It has a great design, and other things which we will now go into.

MUSIC:
The music is very catchy, and will most likely leave it stuck in a majority of the players head. It suits the overall bouncy and cheery theme of the game as well. Also, the music is very clear. Even while I was experiencing a bit of lag the music remained in its pristine state.

GAMEPLAY:
One thing I enjoyed alot about this game is the progression is amazing. It does an amazing job at slowly increasing the difficulty, while still providing a challenge. I recall one of the final levels an area where the fireballs with legs blended into coins, which was a great example of a challenge trying to dodge them. Also, its very good that all the mechanics (e.g the drop down platforms, ladders) stayed in the game consistently, whereas on other games I usually see a new concept, but it just straight up stops appearing after its debut. The game isn't too difficult as well, so it won' make too many rage.

GRAPHICS:
The graphics are very good, and suit the gameplay and music. Yeah I dont know much about graphics and such so thats all I can really say.

FINAL VERDICT:
Chompy is a great game with several interesting features. It also has a bit of comedy such as one of the level transitions being "tears of joy". I then realized you were referencing crocodile tears and just went "ohhhhhh". The overall gameplay is great and everything compliments eachother.

WolveGames. suVrik, camoshark, and Step did a great job on this game.

GuyUngerNL responds:

hey, thanks a lot for the in depth review!
I was also very satisfied by steps work here. He did a really amazing job with the music.
I'm glad you enjoyed playing it. Thanks again!