Reviews for "Sky Quest"

MOST IMPORTANT POST FOR THIS GAME
I couldn't see a forum for this game anywhere or much strategy in the comments so here are my tips:

1.Upgrades.

Get the passive loot boosting upgrades (money, loot chance, and quality of loot) asap as even slight increases in items make a big difference (more on this below).

Most of the offensive spells are weak and don't justify their mana cost, relative to the basic grenade. The fact the the maximum mana is only 300 makes this worse as none of the spells, apart from grenade and perhaps bezerk, can be cast more than once without waiting for mana .
regen.

2.Equipment:

Offense is the best defense. You need to clear the screen (and repetetive annoying 'wall' creatures) or you will die to collisions (which do huge damage), laser spam or to the creatures ramming your ship, so prioritise offensive items especially on the hero, since the ship is a terrible shot.

Flame is very good for hitting multiple enemies (especially as the number of them and amount of 'walls' increase with difficulty) but requires more skilled dodging. Laser and lightning are good for bosses as they allow you to concentrate on dodging and provide constant damage. N.B. the lightning gun can shoot up and backwards, though seemingly only at close range. This is very useful for one of my tricks: moving past shot spammers like the blue eyes and dragon heads and letting the lightning shoot backwards at them (whilst my ship helps) whilst I am safe :) you can move under or in front of enemies to dodge their shots whilst also being able to hit them.

Only 'craft' with then crystals and, since there's no time limit,make sure you get the legendary item (preferably a weapon). If you don't like the legendary refresh and try again.

3.Challenges

It's not fair that you don't get all the prizes that preceded the level you reached. It means it's often better to not finish a challenge and keep playing all but the last stage. Also, when it says 18 chests are given as a prize you only get one. Why is this?

4.The Dragon Boss

His neck does not damage you so you can hide at the right edge of the screen :) Move there as soon as he gives the 'red fire' sign that he's about to use lasers. Don't get hit my his eye( which does big collision damage) when you move back out to continue shooting him afterwards though. Also, the lightning gun locks on and hits him (backwards) even when you're hiding there.

5. Conclusion

Storyline is guff but that's not what these games are for. The drawn out lightning blasts at start of boss fights are make me laugh because theyr'e so corny. How do I kill Death? Knock of each part? I've only tried once. I love his bulging sack by the way.

Overall: good game.

Add me: Maggal

Add me up. Xaoh20z

I'd like to try coop (and maybe Versus), add me : EternalRagnarok

Well,

This is a very good game.
I enjoyed playing it. I never paid, and struggled through hard parts. To me (merely an opinion, not a criticism) it got old halfway through hard... so I stopped then. It was very fun otherwise.
I liked the animation. I liked the audio. I liked the way you got the upgrades after the acts.

There is one thing I didn't like.
Your introduction through your Author Comments seems very defensive about your method of gaining money through the game. I have to say that this is a simple "spin" on micro-transactions. C'mon guys. Don't try to fool anyone. Call a spade a spade. If you're going to have a micro-transaction system, don't try to deter or misdefine or etc. I'd play this game all day long, and at times, I truly wish I had a few more diamonds... but my thoughts always went back to the obvious micro-transaction you introduced me to.

I suggest developer (marketing?) transparency in the future. I hope you don't take my response negatively. I think you have a wonderfully good product that kept me playing for a while.

BerzerkStudio responds:

Hey! Lachhh here,

First, thanks for the feedback!

So! I didn't try to fool anyone, nor misdefine the InApp system. I still stand by everything I said in the comments. You don't need to pay to play the game, we don't ask for money, there's no locked content and I consider the InApp as bonus in exchange of a donation.

That being said, if the player find himself wishing for more diamonds, it means that the diamonds rewards works as a game mechanic. If nobody wanted crystals ever, it would have been a pointless feature. InApp or not.

But as soon as you add InApp as an option to get those diamonds, players often blame the developer, thinking that they've been tricked to buy stuff (and yes, some devs implement InApp in a very bad way where the players have no choice but to pay to continue, which is fucking awful).

So I decided to talk about the InApp system and the decisions we took as game developers to implement them as subtle as possible. For example, there was a time where the game allowed you to buy stuff after each battle, or when you die you could resurrect for 3 crystals. But we decided to remove them all because we found them stupidly annoying.

I want to be as transparent as possible with our players, which is also why I streamed my face for over 10 hours, playing the game myself before the launch, to be sure there wasn't a part where you need to pay to play. I even dropped the difficulty multiple times since launch. (Here's an interesting part about the difficulty that is relevant to this convo btw : http://www.twitch.tv/lachhhandfriends/c/5168428)

I also stream my face about twice a week now, I don't know how I can be more transparent than that! :D

So yeah, yes the InApp system is a way to make money to keep up making games, but making money is not the purpose of the game. Having fun and blasting shit is.

I'm sorry if I looked shady or sneaky to you!

And thanks for playing!