For the month of February we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 201 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in March!

Reviews for "Day Dream Adventure"

It is a quite repetitive hack&slash game, which has an "update" system, I didn't quite get. What's with the chests that come up every second room and give you the same stuff over and over?
There's also a very nasty bug, which will freeze the character while beating. It got removed through being hit by an enemy (so I believe) but I could only reset the game (no working save game?) to go on from the beginning...
Hoping for a fix, but that's not going into first impression.

rhys510 responds:

You dont start over as your level and equip + stats get saved and im not sure why that bug is happenin, il sort it out when i find out how to :) - thanks

The game is just dull. When making a game, it's important to know that players should be aware that they're progressing in some way. This game isn't like that, and all it has is XP grinding till God knows when. That's boring. Especially if the enemies are as helpless as Bowser's minions.

Where's the fun? I don't want to grind forever.

Also, the stages are too flat. Assuming the enemies and the player have gravity, maybe you could add some ladders or platforms or something. The game becomes pointless when all I do is press forward and poke at AI's with my sword.

Generally, it's not the best game to play when someone has spare time. That's why there's critiquing.

rhys510 responds:

Thanks il look in to all of this and sorry for any problems :)

This game had smooth graphics, and averagely decent music (not good, not bad).

However, it is beyond repetitive and needs some form of other goals, the medals haven't unlocked for me, despite that I got all the way up to the purple boss. And just mashing 'A' until everything is dead is boring beyond reason.

I prefer epic battle fantasy gameplay when it comes to this, using a turn based system. Because it adds variety. You could add something like that and then have a skill tree/selection. Or maybe you could actually make the chest items useful. For example, certain weapons have extra damage, or effects against certain enemies, such as having the leaf would be effective against those mud golem guys.

The music was another repetitive thing in this game, it only changed when a boss came, and honestly had no real impact with the normal music (the boss music had some impact). I would suggest a more diverse sound track to fit the atmosphere.

The different backdrops that scrolled through was annoying to me, especially because some backdrops matched enemies and some didn't. It also ruins any sense of progression, as the use of different backdrops shows progression. Say for example, level 1 you see nothing but forest backdrop, then you get to level 10 and you have an ocean backdrop, you acknowledge that you've progressed due to the different backdrop. So scrolling through the backdrops comes across as careless development.

This game has a major flaw in it too, your weapon knock-back is too OP. You can trap enemies in the corner and then just mash 'A' while they do nothing, which doesn't allow a very intense fight between you and boss'. Which is why a turn based system would be much better appreciated, as if you take out the knock-back, then the enemies would be too strong, unless you use my next subject.

If you placed a hub, or a random level/room within the game that has a shop. you could use it to buy specific upgrades and would massively help this game feel fun. You could also have it so you can regain health by either buying it, or doing certain quests, making it a tough, but much more driven game.

Overall, the graphics and animations are really well done. The audio needs more diversity, and the gameplay needs work. I would suggest a story, but not all hack and slashes needs a story.

rhys510 responds:

Il think about the shop thanks and thanks especially for taking the time to write about the game. You covered a lot of flaws that i didnt see in the game and i will try work on them thank you :)

Aww, this was a surprise. It was going funny and nice, but, in some moment, i killed a lot (probably 20) zombie bosses and nothing changed, NOOOOTINHG!! Getting REEEEEEEEEEEALLY BORING!!! With hope this fucking thing ends,I kept killing the zombie boss, and this kept still boring. Is a good game until the part becomes repetitive, and boring.

it started good but as the game progresses it turns to be too repetitive