Reviews for "Kingbastard [ boxclever ]"

I first heard this track...

...on the buss on my way home from school, right after you sent it too me.

Nowadays I keep volume pretty low on my headphones,´my ears have taken quite some beating from them, so i couldn´t quite "reach all the goodies".
One thing I heard at ones, and that was that even tho there were alot of backgroundnoice, i could still make out alot of sounds. This shit is clear as a freaking day. Your mixing skills are as good as ever. And I also noticed something I didn´t like, twas that "ding" cymbal/bell whatever it was, it strikes twice when it occurs here and there in the song. It definitley felt nessecary with something similiar, but i just didnt like it, the sound itself sounded wrong in my ears.

Anyway, there is a synth that just fuckign blow my mind, it´s the one that follows through the whole song. Smooth thing, not the bass-like drone, but the other one. The drone is fucking hardcore too tho. But perhaps thatone could have been a little more varied and alive and had it´s oown "solo section"? N ot nessecary, really, but I love it when buzzy drones goes "bzzzOOOAAAZZZRRRRZZZZZZzzzzz" with a filter and a reasonale amount of resonance smashes it in the very center and front of the mix!!!

THe bassdrum sounds cool, as does the whole beat, to be honest (except that beell thingy i mentioned:)
The compressed snare really splashes in nice like hell, giving me a sensation that it hit´s really hard, when it in fact is fairly low in the mix. Nice one.
The glitching, hopping, usage of filters and all those buzzy blipping effects that jumps around on each side... manm this may not be the "best" song I´ve heard from you, but holy hell it might very well be one of the most entertaining ones!! ´

I´ve listened through it a couple of times since i came home and off the buss :) and yeah, it´s definitley a grower. The more I hear it, the more it grows.

I assume you´ve used acid for some noices and sampled some stuff, is the rest reason?

I just freaking envy your amazing pruduction and mixing skills man, good part is that you kep improivng all the freakin time!!!

This track is an honest straight freakin ten in the categories that NG reviewing allow!

Good luck at yer new home man, it´s good to have you back online!!! :)

Kingbastard responds:

Always nice to receive a review from the big R:) Cheers for your constant support

Possibly 2nd best of all...

I listened to your music since you started on NG. Every track is something new. There is no repeat of a sound, or use of sound clips of other things used once before, it's all fresh. all from the twisted mind of the bastard.

WELCOME BACK! KINGBASTARD!!!

oh, also... how can I get a copy of Upwnstairs? I'm basically restless and want a calming track.

Run by my page one day and look at my music.

Kingbastard responds:

If you put that link into your browser it should take you to the trk download, thanks a lot for the review, appreciate it.

I love this song!

Simple as, I love the feel to play it on Box Clever, I hope you yourself was happy to put this song on the game! Keep up with the excellent work!

Loving Songs

Why do you all love this song? I love thuis song too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!

What samples did you used? :)

Kingbastard responds:

No samples, all made by me, back in 2006, using 'Reason'.