Reviews for "An Animal Crossing Tale"

Ahh, this is what I love about the crossing series. The laid back, relaxed pace of the games combined with all the many things you can laugh at about it. I once had a villager ask me to deliver something to somebody they were standing right next to... This animation hits the nail on the head.
Anyways, the animation itself was charming and fun to watch. The humour was spot on and the sound really tied the whole thing together. Definitely deserves my 5's.

You did a very nice job capturing the atmosphere of the game. I never played Animal Crossing before but you perfectly incorporated the feel of the game into your cartoon (makes me want to buy Animal Crossing for the 3ds, maybe one day I will!). I'm glad you avoided the "oh no! I killed a person and another person saw me cover up the evidence, now I gotta kill that person so that he doesn't tell anyone!" trope which has been pretty much overused and cliche so I applaud for you for taking a different direction in the story. It's nice to see a good "parody" for once because anyone who thinks of an Animal Crossing parody would have to think of a psycho villager. The story got dark but interesting at the same time and it was a good plot instead of overly dumb lowbrow humor that you would see in a video game "parody" nowadays. Maybe add a little bit more detail in the backgrounds (ex. inside the villager's house was kinda bland but it works nevertheless) and try experimenting with more exaggerated perspective/foreshortening in your future cartoons. Overall, I love your colors and art style, man. Keep up the great work!

really good, Its true that everyone in that game is incredibly lazy to d their own chores.

Anyway good animation and voice cast, really loved it.

Very entertaining, even with no knowledge of the game.
The music, voice acting and sound effects are really awesome!

Well, hopefully someone less annoying will move in. I was surprised you accounted for everyone except Mable and Sable.