Reviews for "Phoenotopia"

great game so far, but how do I use the ki spear? the scroll instructs me to press the tool button but pressing C only activates the tools (bombs and slingshot). also how do I comment on the FAQ page? it says I should validate my acount but I dont know how to do that.

The best game I've played in Newgrounds since SOOOO LONG!! Loves how I could use my xbox controller and I loved the diffculty! But the best was the depth of the story, how some secrets were uncovered and how everything was connected! SIMPLY LOVED IT!

It's a fun game but the sand dragon boss is waaaay too hard. I can't even get one bit of damage on him. You said you can clear out his lava pools with a bomb, what lava pools? And it's impossible to do any damage on him cause he moves way too fast, this is really annoying dude. that boss is too difficult.

THIS GAME IS AMAZING,brings the nostalgy of zelda and castlevania,the storyline is epic and the game is pretty original,but the battle system is bad,i mean the mc needs to get WAY too close to the enemy in order to attack,a weapon with more range is a need,and the ranged enemies are too overpowered,since they flee from you and you have no choice but going closer to them(they´re also quicker than you),the ranged attacks use aimbot and are too quick to dodge with such a slow character,when you jump on the opposite direction you´re facing,you keep facing that direction,whose sucks and has no meaning,so far all flaws i met on battle system,but everything else is amazing.

Now for logic: The expansive and diverse game-play that is exhibited in this Zelda-esque 2D game is nothing short of miraculous. For how expansive it is, with all the side quests, collectables, and all round depth, with interaction of npc's and challenging puzzles and bosses, one would think this would be something you'd have to rent or buy.

I have never played a free 2D game that literally drew me to beat it, and not only beat it, but to keep scrounging for every last puzzle and collectable I could find. I probably haven't felt this much excitement since I played Zelda: OoT or Kingdom Hearts, and those were MASSIVE games. While this was obviously much smaller, it also had FAR less people and money driven into it... and let's STILL not forget... it's a free game on NG.

In addition, that ending... PLEASE tell me you have a sequel in mind, Hell, tell me you're making a console version, as I'd be one of the first people in line to buy the damned thing!

For people complaining about the "terrible" controls... I found if you reduce the quality to low, the controls are honestly fine. I could barely move at points and wasn't sure if it was just the area, or my comp was lagging. Turned out as soon as I lowered the quality BOOM no more control issues (Minus my timing in that god awful run for your life bit at the very end...)

YOU sir, are a genius... bravo... all my 5 belongs to you!

P.S. Is there only 40 Moonstones in the game total? Or is that just the last medal? Stuck at 35 atm...Ok so here it goes. I hope you feel special lol because this is I think, the first comment I have ever made. I have never been soo sucked into a game that I absolutely HAD to comment on it. I mean think about it, if that alien game, which I'm pretty sure started on NG, can be made into an actual console game (although I didn't really follow it) THIS DAMN WELL BETTER BE!

YOU sir, are a genius... bravo... all my 5 belongs to you!