Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "HYDRA"

The controls are kinda sloppy, the dude jumps around like he's a damn flea and the medals don't work. But the idea isn't bad, attacking is satisfying, the bombs are fun to use, the soundtrack and the sounds the Hydra makes when you hit her are pretty cool. So it's not bad but it definitely could use some improvement.

Thanks for the review - problems fixed! :D

This game is really laggy.

OctoFlash responds:

yeah, that's something i'm looking forward to eliminate in the next version (HYDRA 2.0). thanks for playing and commenting.

all the buttons got STUCK! couldn't fight as well as I would have if they actually stopped when I let go! I know this is not just the game, because it does this with every single fighting game like this... assistance please? the game looks cool, so I wont give it a bombed rating, but I cant accurately rate it... 2.5 being middle, I choose that.

OctoFlash responds:

thanks for that diplomatic review!
hmm... interesting. have you tried the forum? i'm certain you'll find an answer there!

I don't know if this happen to everyone but when i started after the first part where you learn the movement controls, it lags like crazy.

Interesting concept, but poor execution. The hydra has no tells, so it's impossible to know when she'll attack other than "when you're close". Because of the heads attacking one after another it's eventually impossible not to take damage . The fight has very little structuring, maybe you can redo this sometime but make the fighting work.

OctoFlash responds:

fair points, thank you. i'll see what i can do in future!
(a 2.0 version is planned, but before there will be a prequel)