Reviews for "HYDRA"

AMAZING Game. I like the contest between everyone. I wish I could get to the secret area in the fight seen. So far unable to, but I it is pointed out fairly well in the game. Wish there was a back-story, but it sounds like your making a sequel or prequel to the game.

OctoFlash responds:

thanks! yeah, you can't go back... :P
and yes, i'm working on a prequel - which will be rather different though!

If these game had special moves, elemental weapons ( like frost/flame swords ), Transformations ( like one that gives you a tail another that give you angel wings, etc... ),more modes, and especially multiplayer I would pay for it. I like stick figure games like this there awesome.

thanks man! interesting ideas! :D

dope game... with a little help i found out the secret... but I was able to get to 776 kills without the power up!!! Its the lag that really made it kind of annoying to keep going.... ill see if I can beat my score with the power up now

OctoFlash responds:

yeah, at one point it's all about patience... sorry for the lag!
not sure if the power up will do that much of a difference since it only lasts 45 seconds. anyway, on the other hand it's nice to chop off hundreds of heads in just a few seconds :D
thanks for the comment!

Its okay for a few minutes, but then it just gets repetative an boring. There needs to be an actual goal, a way to win, maybe at least some little bit of story. Just an endless fight with no purpose? meh.

A few of the medals dont work, the one for breaking all the pottery did not unlock, and the one to make the hydra fly did not unlock. Vandal unlocked normally. Also, how do you get the key in midair? The key spawns on the ground, its never in the air at all to catch.

Finally, there really needs to be some in game clue as to how to unlock the special mode. There is not even any mention (other than in the medals) that there IS a special mode at all. Your clue in the description does not help at all. I had accidentally found the area under the room before fighting even a single time, but I have no idea how to open the *door?* down there. Again, there are NO in game clues at all to it.

OctoFlash responds:

there is a purpose, it's the highscore. but i can see what you mean - i think you'll like the sequel ;)
as for the medals and the key: seems like the game doesn't perform as it should on your computer. i assume it's the browser. we've had problems with internet explorer and safari - do you use one of those?
also, finding the special mode is not supposed to be something for everybody. in the beginning i even considered for those medals to be secret. anyway, thanks for the review! :)

An excellent game for the "one room, endless fight" type.

I am not sure what can be improve, but more variety would have been nice (more dialogues, maybe other enemies, etc.).
I understand it might defeat the purpose, but otherwise it can't compare to the best games on this site. Mind you, it is still a great game for an hour or so.

On the achievements: since there is only one person that got the "20 x Air Combo" medal, maybe "challenging" is not the correct difficulty for it? "insane" or "next to impossible" sound more appropriate.

thanks for the feedback!
yeah, i made a little mistake with that medal... it's supposed to be exactly what it says: perform 20 strikes in midair. the problem is that the thumbnail suggests that those strikes need to hit the hydra, which is not the case. so now that this is said: everybody who sees this comment, be quick to be among the first to unlock this medal! :D:D